nothing here

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
niceguy2

nothing here

Post by niceguy2 »

I deleted my post because someone took it personal. Out !
Last edited by niceguy2 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Online repair shops

Post by Bill DeShivs »

JJ- it's painfully obvious what you're doing.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Luke_of_Mass

Re: Online repair shops

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

There are none as far as I know for the types of knives typically shared/discussed here. It's a gamble but my understanding is that the better "fixers" tend to make it right for you if they screw up. As far as warranty-like guarantees go your best bet is buying from the source rather than re-sellers but be prepared to shell out some serious cash on shipping money if things go south.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
portlandmike

Re: nothing here

Post by portlandmike »

Well this is a very confusing thread ... is something missing ?
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

He was basically asking about if there are any repair shops that totally guarantee their work, the answer is not really but some are better than others, and you've gotta choose one based on the fixer's resume and previous works others can attest to. The only way to know for 100% positive you will have a perfect knife every time either out of box or back from the shop is to buy a victorinox. Knives that aren't CNC machined through and through will always have their quirks. But this is what makes them interesting and more rewarding to collect in my opinion.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Gotcha.. thanks Luke

And I agree with you about the quality issues.. if they were all exactly the same it wouldn’t be as interesting.

Mike