Problems with SharperDeals

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Problems with SharperDeals

Post by thom »

Is anyone else having problems with SharperDeals? Looks different, no descriptions, no seller info, and I can't login! Locks up when trying to login.
Thom
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Problems with SharperDeals

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I think he's making some changes.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

No problems here either.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

When I try to log in, it freezes the screen also.
sprink

Post by sprink »

I have had issues as well, i do all of my stuff from my phone, however I did figure out if I enter auction site from the forum site it is totally different from when I enter it from the app on my home screen don't understand why it's different but it is
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

I can view the website, but the only knives it shows are the "featured listings", I think there are other knives for sale but I can't view them? Maybe there are only 17 knives for sale, I don't know. It's been messed up for days for me. Not only that they just canceled my sellers account for not selling enough items. LOL, well, if the website wasn't so jacked up maybe I would list more knives on there, canceling someone's seller's account who has sold many items on there and might potentially list more seems self-defeating on the part of SD, I guess that's one of the reasons hardly anybody sells stuff on there anymore.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

It's weird the pictures are all cut up and no information when you click on the individual auctions.. also no sign of the regular sellers like bernie or HDC

big_slim.. great avatar, I haven't seen that picture

Mike
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

portlandmike wrote:It's weird the pictures are all cut up and no information when you click on the individual auctions.. also no sign of the regular sellers like bernie or HDC

big_slim.. great avatar, I haven't seen that picture

Mike
Hi Mike, I used that image in my Latama Legend book. Here is a full picture of it.

Charley
Attachments
2CAF9E99-D532-44EA-BDF8-26D3AE7A7BF3.jpeg
2CAF9E99-D532-44EA-BDF8-26D3AE7A7BF3.jpeg (82.97 KiB) Viewed 4337 times
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

I scanned that avatar image out of "the Latama Legend"--excellent book with lots of great photos. Well, I guess as "punishment" for publicly mentioning that Sharperdeals.net had cancelled my seller account for no good reason they've now also suspended my buyer account and blocked my IP address, LOL. Let's be clear, I was a member in good standing, always paid my fees, and have bought and sold many knives on there. With business practices like that it's no wonder the website is in the sad state it's in. There are plenty of better places to buy and sell switchblades out there so it's no great loss, however, it's sad that a website that I used to enjoy looking at and using has sunk so low.
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

It’s not Bob’s fault. It’s really sad what happened to him. He’s a good guy but had/has health problems and it’s sad it will never be the same for him.
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

orangeboy wrote:It’s not Bob’s fault. It’s really sad what happened to him. He’s a good guy but had/has health problems and it’s sad it will never be the same for him.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't really considering all that, I'm a relative newcomer and I don't fully know the history of some of these guys who have been around for a long time, including Bob. I'm sure he's made a lot of contributions to the hobby over the years that I'm not aware of, and I do understand the toll health issues can take on a person.
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

big_slim wrote:
orangeboy wrote:It’s not Bob’s fault. It’s really sad what happened to him. He’s a good guy but had/has health problems and it’s sad it will never be the same for him.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't really considering all that, I'm a relative newcomer and I don't fully know the history of some of these guys who have been around for a long time, including Bob. I'm sure he's made a lot of contributions to the hobby over the years that I'm not aware of, and I do understand the toll health issues can take on a person.
You’re fine. Don’t worry about it. It is really sad. IMHO, Bob should transfer the site to a really active member who knows websites, etc and we could see the website thriving again.

No slight against Bob because eBay does this too but you have to pay listing fees and also they take like 10% of the final sale price. I hate that. The auction sites should get the listing fee and that’s it. If you sell a $1000 knife you’re losing over $100, that why I just sell to friends privately.
Last edited by orangeboy on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'm having that issue when I look at the auction site on Google but when I open it on Firefox it is normal.
eddymunster

Post by eddymunster »

Can someone let me know where to buy?