MAURO MARIO

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wicollector

Re: MAURO MARIO

Post by wicollector »

I clean and repair the broken parts to make them work as intended . almost all the knives were new never used knives improperly stored and left to rust some ware in Italy . I didn't ask where he found them or what happened they ended up like they are . some are pretty nice some very pitted and rusted solid the conditions vary but they seems to be getting steadily worst every new package I get from him .
kugr

Post by kugr »

Thats a box of goodies I would love to have....
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

kugr wrote:Thats a box of goodies I would love to have....
no kidding...I just about s**t myself when I saw that box.... imagine finding that a garage sale...
kugr

Post by kugr »

I would be as giddy as a school girl.... I'm not that lucky though... haha
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Wow cool! What are the stamps on the ones you're repairing for Angelo ? all Marios? I've been told Maniago has been picked clean but looks like there's some treasures yet... unless folks in the EU send them to him for repairs and they come down the grapevine in this fashion...
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Interesting that a maker in Italy would send knives to the US to be repaired then sent back?? I am sure you do great work, but considering the legal issue bringing them here, postage costs, etc, I would think someone there ( were they make them!) could do it safer and cheaper??
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I've done work for Angelo for years he likes my work and prices . return flat rate priority mail to Italy is $36.00 in the past I've usually sent them to assorted dealers in the USA not sure why he wants them sent to his store in Austria there his knives and its none of my business to ask him why .
boblees812

Post by boblees812 »

Wow.wicollector.. Your busy guy. Thats like a full time job.. Good for you! Nice to see you bring those old broken knifes new life..
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Any chance you could give us some before middle and after pics? :)
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I'll take a few pictures of a couple of them as soon and I get started on them waiting on supply's right now so it will be a few days before I start . I'll be starting on this banana bladed 11" Rosco first so this is the before picture .
Attachments
100_1863.JPG
100_1863.JPG (524.43 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
100_1862.JPG
100_1862.JPG (514.39 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

What a great looking Rosco that will be ,and those Mauro Marios . 8)

Would love to know their history, and I too would love to see the finished results.

Thanks for sharing them with us Ken

gravknife
Dr-Dave

Post by Dr-Dave »

Thank everyone for all your replies! wow some great examples here. Yes you don't often see the rams horn , however i like the texture also. Still working out how to navigate this site. Ill try upload my knife photos, its still in the mail but have some from previous owner.
Dr-Dave

Post by Dr-Dave »

MAURO MARIO # 5.jpg
MAURO MARIO # 5.jpg (175.86 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
MAURO MARIO # 3.jpg
MAURO MARIO # 3.jpg (263.69 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
MAURO MARIO # 1.jpg
MAURO MARIO # 1.jpg (295.84 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

john wrote:The nine knives are beauties. Ram is one of my favorite scale materials. I really like the color and texture on your knives.
The two you’re repairing, what’s in need of fixing? General cleaning or something else?
3knives just got in Rams horn for the 11 inch I picklock last. You know I have not seen Rams horn in like 10 years! Lol
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller