Help

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blombardi

Help

Post by Blombardi »

I don't know why this keeps happening just got this knife and not even 5 hours later this happends vary Delayed Reaction and 6 out of 10 times blade ""comes off track can anyone explan why

Ps won't let me upload video
JulesVane

Re: Help

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Blombardi, sounds like your OTF is dirty inside. Common issue. Some may suggest oiling it, but I took mine apart and dried all the gunk build-up that it came with. Put it back together dry and used no oil. Did this on multiple cheaper OTFs. No issues since. The internal mechanism is not that complicated at all. Just, when taking it apart, be careful no tiny spring jumps across the room.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Blombardi

Post by Blombardi »

Thank you julesVane will take it apart in the morning but as I said before I just got the knife today brand new maybe opened an closed it 20 times then it started happening . But first thing tomarrow I will do as you said and hope problem is resolved
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

The ones I've had to open up were pretty gunked up inside, brand new. Who knows how long they sit on a shelf? Good luck!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Blombardi

Post by Blombardi »

Sounds good thanks for the help
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Before you take it apart check the warranty.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

fastr19 wrote:Before you take it apart check the warranty.
...Very true! I was thinking more on the lines of a cheaper OTF. If it's a $400 Microtech, please disregard my thoughts and seek a pro.