No bottom bolsters?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
portlandmike

Re: No bottom bolsters?

Post by portlandmike »

My high bid was $285 and I’m pretty sure I was the high bidder before everything was pulled.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

portlandmike wrote:My high bid was $285 and I’m pretty sure I was the high bidder before everything was pulled.
Save one of the seller's other auctions or his name. That way you can contact him and still have a shot at buying the knife.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Panzerfaust wrote:
portlandmike wrote:My high bid was $285 and I’m pretty sure I was the high bidder before everything was pulled.
Save one of the seller's other auctions or his name. That way you can contact him and still have a shot at buying the knife.
I listened to you guys... sent my contact info during the middle of an auction, was able to pick up a couple that way... worked out the , post an innocuous item at a set buy it now price, buy it now... end up with the knife... and a small piece of crap...lol
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

kugr wrote:
I listened to you guys... sent my contact info during the middle of an auction, was able to pick up a couple that way... worked out the , post an innocuous item at a set buy it now price, buy it now... end up with the knife... and a small piece of crap...lol
I think I understand what you wrote here right up to "a small piece of crap". You mean, the original auction was pulled, made contact outside the site, paid for what you THOUGHT you were paying for and the seller sent you something else? ie "piece of crap"?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kugr

Post by kugr »

Ah yes, my just woke up writings... I sent a message to the seller before the auctions ended, just in case they got pulled. The auctions were pulled, and the sellers contactacted me. Instead of trying to decipher the blahblahatgmaildotcom, or the blah blah at the com cast around the dot com messages, I sent the sellers a message that said: to keep things legit and protect us both, how about you create an auction for a small item/paper with our agreed upon price (buy it now). They created an auction then messaged me with the item title and auction number. After I bought/payed I messaged the seller and informed him/her that I bought it. If everything works out, I should end up with a couple new knives... possibly the item I "bought"...
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Panzerfaust wrote:
Yup, that’s good advice and have done that in the past ... got lazy this time and I regret it.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I know you can't believe everything you read/see, but there was a story of a seller that provided photos of a very expensive item that a buyer found a great deal at $15,000. When notified that his item had arrived and available for pick up, the buyer was presented with a flat envelope. He got exactly what he paid for...PHOTOS of a very expensive item! lol

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kugr

Post by kugr »

JulesVane wrote:I know you can't believe everything you read/see, but there was a story of a seller that provided photos of a very expensive item that a buyer found a great deal at $15,000. When notified that his item had arrived and available for pick up, the buyer was presented with a flat envelope. He got exactly what he paid for...PHOTOS of a very expensive item! lol
Here's to hoping that I don't get shafted... I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome.
lance

Post by lance »

Yes please do,I see where Mike is frustrated as I've had a few auctions pulled w myself being high bidder.
At the same time I dont agree with what kugr,did doin a sideways thing w the seller..its not as bad as the sniper app.people use!! DANM I HATE THEM!! get ya at the last second!!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

JulesVane wrote:I know you can't believe everything you read/see, but there was a story of a seller that provided photos of a very expensive item that a buyer found a great deal at $15,000. When notified that his item had arrived and available for pick up, the buyer was presented with a flat envelope. He got exactly what he paid for...PHOTOS of a very expensive item! lol
Lol, that is pretty funny.
kugr

Post by kugr »

I was already the high bidder, it wasn't a sideways deal.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I think I understand what kugr was saying and don’t think what he was doing was wrong… You’ve got have your tricks on eBay. Not to cheat somebody else but just to get around eBay’s BS rules.,

Mike
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

portlandmike wrote:I think I understand what kugr was saying and don’t think what he was doing was wrong… You’ve got have your tricks on eBay. Not to cheat somebody else but just to get around eBay’s BS rules.,

Mike

I definitely see why that would be a controversial move. It does kind of seem like at the amusement park when they let people pay more to cut in front of everyone else.

But it also seems like the seller should be able to do what they want with their item.

Ultimately, because of the instability of switchblade auctions (they could disappear at any moment), I guess a move like that should be considered acceptable.
kugr

Post by kugr »

I don't feel like I sniped/cut it/in from anyone. I payed over what my winning bids were anyway. The seller saw how valuable the items were. Oh, both sellers sent the correct items, you all have seen them both now...
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I agree it is an okay tactic. I have ended several auctions early just to get it over with before Ebay pulled the whole thing. And sniping is okay too. If an auction goes to, let's say, 8:00:00pm then a bid at 7:59:59 is a legitimate bid.