No bottom bolsters?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Re: No bottom bolsters?

Post by kugr »

Sadly, sniping doesn't work for me... currently no internet, everythings done on my cell. Remedied the no internet situation, bought a doublewide to rehab and flip. Will be moving within the month.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
picklocksrock

Re: No bottom bolsters?

Post by picklocksrock »

JimBrown257 wrote:
if the high blade peaking can be corrected ? I also noticed that when the blade is in the closed position that the lock tab is raised - what is this an indicator of and can it be corrected ?
Look at the sear hole on the blade, you can see some stretching on the outside. That is most of the peek right there. Some hammering should fix it.

As for the knife: it's not a Frosolone by any means; it is just a bolsterless picklock....right? But it has a fully drilled hole and steel pins like a Frosolone. What is the deal with that? Did they want it to be more like an old Frosolone?

One other thing anyone interested in it should be aware of is that the seller says the spring is broken and it still has that much peek. I think the top of the spring is wedged in there at a weird angle as it is pushing out the backspring. But if it has that much peek with a broken spring, it will probably have a ton with a working spring. It might not even stay closed.
Jim you have no idea how bad I want one of those limited custom rear missing bolster knives with the amazing scale selections. They are absolutely stunning!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller