Was wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
runninglate

Was wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks

Post by runninglate »

Was wondering if this is real or not. I’ve never seen one without the stainless steel stamp on it. In the listing he says that the earlier versions didn’t have that stainless steel stamp on them. Thanks for any help https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3615681570
JulesVane

Re: Was wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks

Post by JulesVane »

...This is a first for me reading the earlier models weren't stamped Stainless Steel. The seller did a nice job on the polish for sure. But, $400?? Holy Cow!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
runninglate

Post by runninglate »

JulesVane wrote:...This is a first for me reading the earlier models weren't stamped Stainless Steel. The seller did a nice job on the polish for sure. But, $400?? Holy Cow!
Yeah price is very high. Way to clean like you mentioned nice job on the polishing.
So you’ve never heard of the earlier model not having that stamp either?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

No I haven't heard that myself. I have a few in my collection, but makes me no expert of course. Our friend JimBrown257 is the most knowledgeable on the subject of Rizzys that I'm aware of. Maybe he will see your post. Rizzys are fetching a premium price these days, but way high on that site. It's unfortunate for us collectors, but appears great for those sellers.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
runninglate

Post by runninglate »

JulesVane wrote:No I haven't heard that myself. I have a few in my collection, but makes me no expert of course. Our friend JimBrown257 is the most knowledgeable on the subject of Rizzys that I'm aware of. Maybe he will see your post. Rizzys are fetching a premium price these days, but way high on that site. It's unfortunate for us collectors, but appears great for those sellers.
Thanks for letting me know. Been trying to buy another one my current one has a broken handle. Anywhere else to look for one for sale? Thx
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...just missed this one for a whole $30. Not quite as pretty https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792371079

runninglate

Post by runninglate »

JulesVane wrote:...just missed this one for a whole $30. Not quite as pretty https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792371079
Yeah I need to keep looking on there they pop up for cheap from time to time
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Have you considered a rescale on the one you currently have?

john

Post by john »

I don’t know what the fuss is over this style life, but as you can see they could fetch anywhere from $30 to the ridiculous. Here’s my Korean version it’s new; I pick this one up in 2011.
ImageImage
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
runninglate

Post by runninglate »

JulesVane wrote:Have you considered a rescale on the one you currently have?
I have but I don’t know where or who to send /talk to about it. Do you have a contact? Thx
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

john wrote:I don’t know what the fuss is over this style life, but as you can see they could fetch anywhere from $30 to the ridiculous. Here’s my Korean version it’s new; I pick this one up in 2011.
LOL...John, I'm so glad to see, that in all your beautiful collection of some of the very finest Italian cutlery, that you still made room for this piece! I now feel much better about buying a recent Korean Rizzy myself! lol.

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

runninglate wrote: I have but I don’t know where or who to send /talk to about it. Do you have a contact? Thx
Please check PMs...

portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

That's a clean rizzy there Chris... I still pick them up if I can get them for under $50 or so... Still looking for a deal on a white one.

Mike
john

Post by john »

Hi Chris,
I like the bayo blade on your Korean Rizzy. When I got mine the only blade option was a flat grind. Flat grids are awesome, but it’s my least favorite style blade. It’s so plain. Your collection wouldn’t be complete without a Rizzy. :)
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

I'd be Leary to take one apart. Last time I did the sear that was cracked broke in half so I had to make one. What color scale do you need on what size knife ?? I have a few part knives but they are white ones
Stagnut