My 1st Swing Guard

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arlen

My 1st Swing Guard

Post by arlen »

This may be old hat to you fellows, but I just ordered my first F Beltrame Swing Guard, 28cm, bayonet blade, faux Ivory handle.
I have been reluctant because I fear that with so many moving parts, and fit that I will not be happy with how the guard aligns and possible rattle (if any).
In a week or so, I will receive my swing guard and either be happy or fit to be tied.
Regards,
arlen
portlandmike

Re: My 1st Swing Guard

Post by portlandmike »

I love swinguards ! I Hope you get a deep sittin, tight fittin knife.

Mike
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Hope you get a knife your happy with!
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

I have several FB swing guard stilettos some have perfectly fitted guards with no scissoring at all and then some aren’t as tight and have some movement. Good luck I hope your knife has excellent fit and finish.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
arlen

Post by arlen »

I received my new F Beltrame 28cm Swingguard, bayonet blade, faux ivory handle. There are several things I love about this knife: the profile and width of the blade, the girth of the handle, and the quickness of the opening action. Overall, this is a nice knife. I am going to have to learn to cultivate an appreciation for the swingguard though. I am an engineer in the surgical instrument industry and design much more intricate instruments than the swingguard mechanism.
Overall, I am happy with this knife and will now begin a search for a black acrylic version, but I already hear the call of a imitation pearl which I have spotted on the internet.

Regards,
arlen
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Arlen

That F. Beltrame swinguard is a truly great looking knife 8)

Glad to hear it fires well at 28cm .I love the accoustics of different swinguards on opening and i bet that large example sounds good.

You may be hooked on them now and need one of each scale type :)

Id love to buy one just like that ,or the pearl if I could risk it.

Thanks for sharing it

gravknife
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Lookin' great Arlen! If I recall correctly, there was a member here that was also looking for a white pearlex swinger. Had a heck of a time finding one, but I believe he finally did from another member. Sure isn't the easiest to find, so good luck grabbing the one you found.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)