NEW Italian Switchblade book!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

Re: NEW Italian Switchblade book!

Post by john »

I ordered the new Antique Sicilian Knife book yesterday. It should be here soon.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
hearandgone

Post by hearandgone »

I just received my copy of Paolo’s new book. As I expected, it’s beautifully done with many outstanding photographs. The quality is equal to his first book and I it recommend to anyone who is interested in knives in general.

However I was very disappointed to see that, in spite of being very well padded with bubble wrap and in a bubble wrap lined shipping envelope, the upper right corner showed impact damage. The damage is slight but I think that’s very sad for a book of this quality and expense.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

hearandgone wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:10 am
However I was very disappointed to see that, in spite of being very well padded with bubble wrap and in a bubble wrap lined shipping envelope, the upper right corner showed impact damage. The damage is slight but I think that’s very sad for a book of this quality and expense.
Look back one page.. this same thing happened to at least two other books that were packaged well.
P.Aldighieri

Post by P.Aldighieri »

Write to my mail coltellidacollezione@gmail.com
and give me all the references so I send a report to DHL. it's a shame I'm sorry.
When you come to my knife museum in Italy between 1, 2, 4 or 10 years, bring it to me and I'll replace it with a new one with the same number. Use it as well, read it and flip through it, when we can see each other, I'll replace it.
Now let's talk to DHL, send me everything by e-mail, maybe we can solve this unpleasant expedition right away.

I'm sorry!
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

Hello everyone, this is the very first time on a forum so if I have done something wrong please excuse me.. I live in France and I found in my grandfather's attic a knife with Maltese cross bolster , it is exactly the same as the second from the left on the cover of the book COLTELLO A SCATTO ANTICO
ITALIAN
SWITCHBLADE written by you Mr. PAOLO ALDIGHIERI. Can you tell me which cutler it is by seeing the tang stamp? the stamp looks like an anchor or the letter T. I hope you can help me, I ask you because you are the best in this field, if you do not have time to inform me I understand perfectly. Thank you, everyone. Cordially
@frenchXcollection
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Welcome Frenchi94

Sounds like you have found a very nice knife .

I have no knowledge of the older knives ,but if you search here using the magniying glass icon typing in ALDIGHIERI as the search ,I am sure something will come up on him ,I have heard the name before here.
Also some of the experienced collectors will help you soon it sounds to me a rare and old knife .

Good to meet you enjoy Talkblade

gravknife
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Frenchi94

It would be much be better to start a new post on Switchblade knives with the name ALDIGHIERI in the title ,It will be noticed much quicker ..
Frenchi94

Re: NOUVEAU livre italien Switchblade!

Post by Frenchi94 »

Hello thank you for your help and kindness, I will listen to your advice and create a new post today. Yes I think it's a very rare piece, it's a picklock with a Maltese cross bolster, the same as on the cover of Mr. Aldighieri's book, I'll try to put pictures on the new post. Nice to have met you and thank you again for your time. Cordially
Attachments
0CA3A013-E4B6-46E4-9FA2-47CC1D4201B9.jpeg
0CA3A013-E4B6-46E4-9FA2-47CC1D4201B9.jpeg (241.97 KiB) Viewed 723 times
3504C42B-028F-46C1-B003-0AFDAD7254C3.jpeg
3504C42B-028F-46C1-B003-0AFDAD7254C3.jpeg (216.37 KiB) Viewed 723 times
@frenchXcollection