NEW Italian Switchblade book!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
portlandmike

Re: NEW Italian Switchblade book!

Post by portlandmike »

djones wrote:I ordered Tues and received today, Fri.
It is a beautiful book. Very high class. Have just flipped through so far, but Intend to read all the English words.
One little gripe, the book was double wrapped with balloon wrap and in a padded envelope and UPS still managed to wrinkle one corner of the book. How they manage to damage stuff, I do not understand.
Dan
Does it look like this ?
Attachments
1E246D1D-FE19-4618-9611-E94FDECDC013.jpeg
1E246D1D-FE19-4618-9611-E94FDECDC013.jpeg (65.91 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
djones

Post by djones »

Yes, exactly.
P.Aldighieri

Post by P.Aldighieri »

What devil have they thrown them on?
I apologize!
On Monday I'll talk to UPS. I'll ask the reimbursement of the shipping for you!
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

You are very kind but that is not necessary. I will be reading and using my book and I’m sure it will get more banged up than that.

Mike
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

If any of you have looked for a copy of Bob Chopra's Switchblades Exposed or Vinny Federico's Foreign Spring Steel, then you understand how impossible they are to find. This will be the next must have it book if you let this opportunity slip by. The photography is incredible and he covers knives I have never seen or heard of before. Don't miss out! It's a great read and essential information for any serious collector without the limit of copies available. Since it will be rare, then it's doubly important that you get yours NOW!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

ILikeStilettos wrote:If any of you have looked for a copy of Bob Chopra's Switchblades Exposed or Vinny Federico's Foreign Spring Steel, then you understand how impossible they are to find. This will be the next must have it book if you let this opportunity slip by. The photography is incredible and he covers knives I have never seen or heard of before. Don't miss out! It's a great read and essential information for any serious collector without the limit of copies available. Since it will be rare, then it's doubly important that you get yours NOW!
Speaking of “Foreign Spring Steel” I only have volume I. Has anybody ever seen volume II ?
Mike
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

As far as I know, there was only ever volume 1.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Thanks Dave

Mike
P.Aldighieri

Re: NEW BOOK - New publication 2019!

Post by P.Aldighieri »

Hi,

I am glad to inform you that I have just released my new book "Antique Sicilian knives", a pretty epic book. It includes 330 photographs of antique Sicilian types and variants, old pictures of cutlers and knife grinders. The knives showed in the book will mostly be weapons for defence and offence. It has been a hard work, traveling across Sicily to find the last living cutlers of the island.
In this book I will describe and show all the knives of the greatest Sicilian cutler, the only one marking his creations in 1800. Nobody knew who he was and, through a perusal of the documentation of the Ellis Island foundation, I found out that he had emigrated (fled) to the US because of a family feud.
The book, in limited edition - 250 pieces -, will be in English as well, with the coefficient of rarity for each knife.
Last, but not least, it will include an overview of 21 switchblades that had never been published, which have been found this year, after the publication of the previous book "Coltello a scatto antico italiano - Italian Switchblade".

If you are interested send me an email to coltellidacollezione@gmail.com

Until soon

Paolo Aldighieri
Attachments
Schermata 2019-12-04 alle 14.24.18.png
Schermata 2019-12-04 alle 14.24.18.png (117.19 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
Schermata 2019-12-04 alle 14.19.07.png
Schermata 2019-12-04 alle 14.19.07.png (254.96 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
Schermata 2019-12-04 alle 14.18.49.png
Schermata 2019-12-04 alle 14.18.49.png (120.43 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Outstanding.
Fishtail Picklock
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

The first pic two messages up from this one has a curved knife in the middle (to the left of the Maltese Cross). I have that knife. I have a hard time believing it is Italian. It's pretty clearly either Pakistani or Indian.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

That’s a lot of money for one page of switchblades
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Paolo,
I look forward to reading it. What will the cost be?
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Here’s what Paolo sent me ..
For the whole December, the price will be €90 instead of €95, plus shipping charges (DHL express €25), plus €4 PayPal fee. The total amount is €119.
P.Aldighieri

Post by P.Aldighieri »

Sorry if I answer only now. I know you're passionate about switchblade and I just wanted to update you. Some of you ordered it, I hope you like it, it was a tough job, I spent some time in Sicily looking for someone who could help me find cutlers, knife cutters and relatives of dead cutlers. You should know that in Sicily the knife art is now lost, there are very few cutlers left to interview. There are no books that speak exhaustively about this art. I am so proud to have discovered fantastic brands, men and stories. I know they are not little money, but they are 250 numbered copies and I assure you that I don't gain anything. Only passion and a year of work!