A Long and very good Story

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

A Long and very good Story

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Long story
A while back, I replaced one of my buffers with a nicer model. If my shop were bigger, I would have just added the new buffer. As it was, I had no room for it, so it just sat in the floor.
I have been admiring JimBrown's (Jeremy Kreis) work, and asked him if he needed a buffer. He replied that he did. I promised to give him the buffer, if he would pay shipping costs and if he would be patient about the shipping. Ms. Debbie is in charge of all shipping. We are taking care of her mom-who is in the final stages of Alzheimer's disease, and Debbie has quite a load on her.

So, the buffer sat for about 6 months- as we are not equipped to ship large items. We finally found a decent box and Debbie packaged the buffer up. I took it to the PO and shipped it. Let Jeremy know the cost, and he immediately paid more than the cost to cover Paypal fees. Shipping was pretty expensive.

So, I receive a package from Jeremy. Inside is a hand made AK 47 knife! I emailed him asking what the knife was for. He replied that it is a gift for helping him out! How about that? I'm boxing up all kind of stuff to send him now! Just kidding! I'm overwhelmed that he would do this.

Here are some pictures of the well made, very complicated knife that he made without having one to even copy!
Attachments
IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4297.JPG (55.75 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4296.JPG (55.6 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_4295.JPG (42.98 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Re: A Long and very good Story

Post by sammy the blade »

Just shows you there are still good people out there that think of others besides themselves. That includes you too Bill!
2024 candidate for president
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

great story, great gift, greater friend !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Jeremy has also shown me his kind nature in the past. You have too Bill. Good Karma (I believe that's called).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Great story, and a really cool knife, to boot. I don't think I've never seen anything like it. Always nice to hear about good people selflessly working together.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Story not long at all, but very, very good. Nice to see something that goes against all the negativity that has flooded the news these days. What a welcome change!
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

What a unique knife and a great story
Last edited by portlandmike on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Great story and great info about Jeremy, thanks for sharing. Oh, and for the new members who might not know, when Bill DeShivs states that a knife is well made, you can rest assured that it truly is.

Jim
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

Great post, that is one of the coolest Russian AK prison type knives I've seen, looks super authentic + nicer quality, even has a swinguard :) Jeremy is a top notch guy in every regard, making some great knives too!
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Nice gesture by both of you gentlemen!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Knife nuts are some of the best people around. :D 8)
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

What goes around, comes around. God Bless you both.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great story involving 2 great knifemakers.

That AK Knife is just a fantastic thank you gift .Beautiful work as usual Jeremy.
Hope your both keeping well .

gravknife
Bangie

Post by Bangie »

TRYKER wrote:great story, great gift, greater friend !!!
Absolutely! :D