Black acrylic 11" Frank B acquisitions

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arlen

Re: Black acrylic 11" Frank B acquisitions

Post by arlen »

Thanks for all of the input on this thread. I am tickled to death with these two knives. In the past 6 months I have acquired eight Italian 11" bayonet switchblades and they are all fine weapons. (2 Renzo Beltrame, 2 AGA Campolin, and 4 Frank Beltrame)
I am toying with the idea of purchasing a knife handled in abalone, simply because of the garishness of it.
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Arlen, sounds like you've had a great run collecting your last 8 pieces and I'm happy for you! Just wanted to share my very short experience with Abalone that I hadn't considered before making a costly purchase. I first bought a 9" Frank B in Abalone w/filework. I was able to see the exact knife I was buying and thought the colors were great. My 2nd piece in Abalone, I dived in pretty deep, around $450 worth, with an A.G.A. Campolin 10"-5mm picklock. Now, green is nearly my least favorite color (just personal preference), and hadn't even considered the possibility of receiving a primarily green example. But, as (my) luck would have it, came primarily green! lol. Talk about the proverbial "box of chocolates", with Abalone, you just never know what you're gonna' get....I then cooled it on buying Abalone sight unseen lol....

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sprink

Post by sprink »

Here is a group i have been working on over the years , I also like the classic look of the black acrylic for all the reasons mentioned , the picture is not the greatest but i have alternated dagger and kriss 9 " through 15" , eventually would like to start adding regular blade and bayo to the mix .Not all are Frank B 's
Attachments
DSCN1621.JPG
DSCN1621.JPG (106.77 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sprink wrote:Here is a group i have been working on over the years , I also like the classic look of the black acrylic for all the reasons mentioned , the picture is not the greatest but i have alternated dagger and kriss 9 " through 15" , eventually would like to start adding regular blade and bayo to the mix .Not all are Frank B 's
A beautiful, classic collection indeed my friend!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Luke ... unfortunately none are Frank B’s ... one bo/bc, one AG? AB? and a unmarked..
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

AB would be Frank's brother, close enough I'd say - Armando is a master in his own right.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Cool.. thanks Luke