Very Vague ID Request

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
orangeboy

Re: Very Vague ID Request

Post by orangeboy »

JimBrown257 wrote:
Besides for the absurdity of Jerry Garcia's daughter having an Instagram account, this is pretty cool.

Although, I would still be hesitant to say that knife the girl found is the exact knife in the poster. If there was some evidence of it, that would be a real gem.
I agree. How do we know it’s the same knife? The picture was taken in 1969- Jerry’s Daughter says it was obtained on tour with the Dead in Europe- which didn’t happen until years later. Yes it could be “a” knife Jerry owned, but not the iconic one in the picture.

How do we know it was made by Mauro Mario. Where can we find this info?

I’m not being argumentative, I’m just curious. I’ve owned a couple of these before. Both 1” I believe. I’ll try to dig up the pictures
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Being that she said he didn't like it very much, and that it "scared" him, I kinda' doubt he acquired more than one. Now, I'm not much of a Dead fan, but if I recall correctly, Jerry Garcia's offstage "hobbies", shall we say, may alter one's memory(?) lol. I can also state, with great certainty, that my few conversations with his daughter via PMs, "The apple hadn't fallen far from THAT tree"! lol. Relying on "memory" of dates in this case? Nah! But, she IS, herself, sure it's the same knife. Not sure why we could ask for anything more...
The notion that a photographer just so happened to give him another 11" Kriss blade prop just for a photo seems much more questionable to me.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

JulesVane wrote:Being that she said he didn't like it very much, and that it "scared" him, I kinda' doubt he acquired more than one. Now, I'm not much of a Dead fan, but if I recall correctly, Jerry Garcia's offstage "hobbies", shall we say, may alter one's memory(?) lol. I can also state, with great certainty, that my few conversations with his daughter via PMs, "The apple hadn't fallen far from THAT tree"! lol. Relying on "memory" of dates in this case? Nah! But, she IS, herself, sure it's the same knife. Not sure why we could ask for anything more...
The notion that a photographer just so happened to give him another 11" Kriss blade prop just for a photo seems much more questionable to me.
Remember the movie “The 12 Angry Men?” Two similar knIves...and bad memories. Didn’t she say he got it in Europe on tour?

.I’m just curious because the dates don’t match up...othing wrong with being curious is there?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Well, I guess the only other theory is: He liked the prop so much, that he went out and bought the exact same style that he didn't like and scared him. My brain is much too delicate for this and hurts when I think lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

JulesVane wrote:Well, I guess the only other theory is: He liked the prop so much, that he went out and bought the exact same style that he didn't like and scared him. My brain is much too delicate for this and hurts when I think lol.
Haha, I hear you.

Now if we can figure out if it’s a Mauro Mario produced knife that would be great!

I found pictures of mine. It too was an 11” Kris!!
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Here is the 11” Kris I found. It’s interesting because it has the Inox stamp on the back side yet it’s clesrly a carbon steel blade.
Attachments
96ADCCE7-F283-4F01-9688-24298B7B5B25.jpeg
96ADCCE7-F283-4F01-9688-24298B7B5B25.jpeg (96.49 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
2DB287F9-503D-47FB-90BD-77CFA0491638.jpeg
2DB287F9-503D-47FB-90BD-77CFA0491638.jpeg (98.18 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
EBCDB2CA-7F0F-439C-92C6-A74F9BBBECED.jpeg
EBCDB2CA-7F0F-439C-92C6-A74F9BBBECED.jpeg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The knife was made by Mauro Mario.
It needs to come see me for a restoration. I'm the only authorized Mauro Mario repairman in the world.
I'm also a musician.
Can you prove this? You made this claim to get the job. Either it’s true or a lie. Burden of proof is on you
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

It’s okay. I’m not here to fight. I’m just a person who likes to know the truth. And I see we have the truth about this now....
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Orangboy-
This is the last time you will call me a liar on this forum.
Do you understand?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Orangboy-
This is the last time you will call me a liar on this forum.
Do you understand?
There’s the answer...Id just like an answer. You said Mauro Mario made the Made Italy 6 knives. Either they did or didn’t, can you clarify?
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Can you show us the features of a Mauro Mario knife that link this Made Italy 6 knife to be made by Mauro Mario?

It would help our hobby if you would bless us with this info.
Last edited by orangeboy on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Can you show us documentation that it wasn't?
You're the one that made the challenge. Prove me wrong.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Can you show us documentation that it wasn't?
You're the one that made the challenge. Prove me wrong.
I never made the lie up to get a job. It’s so funny you won’t post in this thread....

There isn’t one book or document or ANYTHING showing the knives marked MADE ITALY 6, were made by Mauro Mario. So now we know the truth.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I warned you, you petty little fool.
Let's just cool you off for a while.
I believe the knife to have been made by Mauro Mario. Perhaps I'm wrong. I certainly don't have to lie to get work. My work speaks for itself.
Orangboy seems to have gone off the rails over this knife. This is the second forum he has attacked me on.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Bill DeShivs-

Aha! Drama and intrigue! It appears AS though this 'Orangeboy' has applied for full residency on the Wally J. Corpse Grudge Program. Eye shalt naye sit idly by whilst said miscreant besmirtches our own resident Sainted expert on all knives ancient through current, AS proven by thine expertise and accredidation fromst the makers.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse