PVK order screw up

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jrarbogast

PVK order screw up

Post by Jrarbogast »

I have ordered now twice from PVK. First one was great. I just got second order and they sent both the wrong knives and one was supposed to be 11 inch and ended up 13 inch. The other had red scales instead of the green ones I ordered. I just was wandering if anyone else had issues with their PVK orders? They seemed like a great knife shop and they may he my new go to shop but I was disappointed by this.
K1111

Re: PVK order screw up

Post by K1111 »

I had a problem with a order from them recently. They were quick to straighten out. The only thing that I didn’t like was that they waited to get the wrong one before sending the correct one. It’s understandable though
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Josh the owner used to suck but I haven't heard many complaints in the last few years.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I have ordered twice from PVK. No problems the first time. The second knife showed as "shipped", but after looking for it in the mail over a week, I called the store. I talked to Jeremiah (does he go by "Josh"?) He checked it out, and emailed me back. He didn't want to send me the knife that I ordered, because it had "issues". (It was an AGA C. 9" Stag Sicilian) He offered me a 12" Brazilian Horn Sicilian, he sent me pictures of it, and I accepted.

They will work with you to resolve your issue!

I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm not sure...Josh used to also own the old Blade auction back when most of us got started collecting years ago.

Just google search Josh and PVK and you can probably read for awhile.
Peteymcsweety

Post by Peteymcsweety »

I've been ordering knifes from pvk for about 6 months now I bet ive gotten close to 10 knifes from them all came quickly and in one case they overnighted at no charge to me, another case I ordered a 9 " bolster lock which wasn't in stock so they upgraded me to a 11" at no extra charge and in all i only had to send one back which was a mikov that lever didn't shut all way and they are taking care of that right now as we speak...all in all i would say PVK VEGAS get 5 stars out of 5 stars and i will definitely be doing business again....just my opinion
Jrarbogast

Post by Jrarbogast »

I just talked to Jeremiah and he was good to talk to about it. He gave me extra points, well he said he was, and issued me a partial refund because the knives they sent were less than the ones I ordered. I am just very cautious now.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

What's the deal on the points?
2024 candidate for president
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

My experience with PVK was better than good. In my last order from PVK, they had printed the shipping label, but didn't send the knife, so it showed up to them as being shipped. When I called them on it, they researched it for me. They found the knife that I had bought in stock, still. However, it had "issues".

When I first bought a knife from them, I made a notation in their note (regarding item I was paying for). In it, I told them that I am a very "finicky" (nicely said, for being "anal") about my knives, and if it had issues - don't send. THEY READ the notes I added. On the second purchase, I reminded them.

Therefore, when they saw the issues on the 2nd knife, Jeremiah sent me pictures of the replacement knife (shown above), AND included a gift! The gift was a second knife: A 20cm stag classic "Made in Italy", to make up for the oversight! The 12" Sicilian, if you look closely, has an issue with the blade "peeking" slightly. But, seeing as I paid only $150.00 for the original knife, and I did not pay any extra for the size (12" instead of 9"), I do not complain! I can send it to Bill DeShivs to fix that minor detail, and still come in under the retail price of a 12" Sicilian!

Below are both knives. If anyone knows who makes the second knife, I would be pleased to know.

Corvus

Post by Corvus »

PVK recently sent me a knife with the wrong handle material. They were very responsive to my call and sent the correct knife out the same day, along with a prepaid return shipping label for the error knife. I've been buying from Josh off and on since the mid-'90s and this was the first time he messed up, but he made it right, so I'll remain a loyal customer.

Sammy - the points give you 10% of your purchase price as a discount for a future order and they're accumulative until you're ready use them.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Sammy, do you have to mention your points, in order to apply them to a subsequent purchase?
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Barb, you log-in to your PVK account, go to 'my rewards,' and enter some or all of your points into the 'redeem now' box. The page displays your available points.
K1111

Post by K1111 »

Great now get some nice Italians Pvk.