*NEW* Choose New Knife For Rick Giroux's

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
omega

Re: *NEW* Choose New Knife For Rick Giroux's

Post by omega »

BTW, I'm excited that an AGA Campolin knife has been chosen for this project. Every AGA piece I've ever seen (including the 13 I own) has been stellar quality. This will be my first Sicilian model. Rick liked them (AGA) too and is noted to have been selling more AGA product in recent years.

I've also found increasing quality issues with Frank Beltrame knives, such that I've quit buying their stuff, except for Walt's and the FB Limited Editions. Between overall decreasing quality and their refusal to do the small run for this issue, I'm totally turned off to FB's offerings now. Times have apparently changed in Maniago, with AGA Campolin emerging as the dominant maker of quality Italian autos. 8)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Chris, I could NOT have said it any better!! I have to ask everyone to send me a US Postal Service Money Order, or Cashier's check. (The money Order will be cheaper). I won't take PayPal payments for this run of knives! It is too risky! I hope that is not a deal-breaker. PM me if you have a payment issue...
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
omega

Post by omega »

Postal M.O.'s are great - you can cash them right there at your local P.O.! Just PM me your mailing address once you get a price nailed down!

What say you about the stamp/engraving for the knife?
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Rick/RMG '18

Bill DeShivs is going to do the engraving...Very reasonable!!
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Omega.. thanks for posting that video.. nice to see it closer up.
No problem on the postal MO barshoo... thank you in advance!

Mike
omega

Post by omega »

portlandmike wrote:Omega.. thanks for posting that video.. nice to see it closer up.
No problem, Mike! I'm glad I found it.

The video depicts a Brazilian horn model, not the simple black horn Barb has been discussing. I find the Brazilian horn more attractive than simple black, but I guess that's a matter of taste. When I looked on AGA's site at 3knives.com, I did not see black horn as an option - just the Brazilian. Usually, Brazilian horn commands a couple of dollars extra, but that may not be the case any longer. I'm kind of hoping that when Barb is working with Angelo on a price, that he will offer the Brazilian horn. That would be my preference, although I'm going to opt for whatever is offered to simplify matters.

Ms Barshoo, can Brazilian be considered as a possibility?

I have to add that I'm growing really excited about adding this knife to my collection! I think that if Rick were with us, he would be pleased. Since I'm a self-confessed knife whore, pieces don't spend much time in my hands before I sell or trade them, but in the case of this piece, I suspect it will be the last to go when I go thru my next "culling-of-the-herd" attacks in order to fund the purchase of the Next Great Knife.

Although it saddened me to see Barb going thru hell, trying to deal with Sara Beltrame, I'm very pleased that Sara's inflexibility ended up steering this project towards an AGA Campolin offering. Angelo Campolin has always been a pleasure to deal with. He was very supportive about a year ago when I was facing a pesky issue of the factory grease solidifying in a couple of my Campolin Maltese knives that inhibited opening. Good customer service goes a long way with me. :D

Chris/Omega
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hi Chris,

I sent an email to the factory to ask about Brazilian Horn. I'm sorry that I didn't answer sooner! I have had a crushing headache, just trying to get answers from vendors...the easiest and fastest, and the most reasonable is Bill DeShivs!! (It turns out that I had nothing to fear!) You all should know that I am loving doing this for all you guys!! When I GO, ONE DAY, all I ask is that you guys get an AGA Campolin in MY NAME, "Barshoo". I'll post more when I feel better. :D Chris, I am praying that you are on the mend, and feeling a little better each day! I will stay in touch!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

:D Please see the NEW post at the top of this section for updated information! :D