"Older" Swinguards

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: "Older" Swinguards

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have seen Spanish patents for Italian knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
omega

Post by omega »

JulesVane wrote:Thanks Jeremy. Great examples there. I guess it really doesn't matter that no maker's stamp be placed on knives from Maniago. Even with modern production of today's stamped pieces, seems we never really know how many hands the piece has passed through to get to us. The maker's stamp seems to be the end credit. Blades from this one- scales from that one- bolsters from that one, etc. A very interesting process indeed.
For example: This gentleman's name is Renzo Spadon, he just turned 94 the other day. He, and his Son Leandro, both build knives for A.G.A. Campolin. With old-time craftsman like this, who's name will never appear on a tang stamp, I guess it actually doesn't matter because we will never really know all those involved.
Finally! Some info on Coltelleri Spadon! For years we've known that most/all of the Italian OTF's were made by Spadon and sold by others, but I've never seen any info on Spadon anywhere until now! I only wish that Maniago had been more forthcoming about who actually made what. :D
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Very nice set you have. Here are my vintage swingers.
The 28cm has the Irn Nicrostende stamp in a triangle.
DSCN7569.JPG
DSCN7569.JPG (179.81 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
DSCN7575.JPG
DSCN7575.JPG (176.11 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
DSCN4455[1].jpg
DSCN4455[1].jpg (21.92 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Jeff: Beautiful examples you have! Thanks for posting them. Never get tired of the older swinguards. As I had originally started this thread looking to pin down the makers, I conclude that's near impossible. Is your "IRN NICROSTENDE" stamp a maker or importer?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)