Woodard "Fer De Lance" I need help please

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Lumberjackbo65

Re: Woodard "Fer De Lance" I need help please

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Thanks Sammy :)
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Thanks Sammy :)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sorry we wasted time but it isn't like I didn't warn you. To best research things it is best to go to places that have the most interest in what your researching. From the lack of responses either we don't know more or if someone does they are too lazy to post.

Google it and go from there. There are no magic tricks. Hopefully you run into someone who will tell you want you are looking for.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Have you ever thought you might be wasting OUR time?
It's fine to ask. It's also fine to search just like you would anything else.
It's not fine to bitch about not getting the information you want.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Hello Bill. In the process of researching my knives I have seen some of your accomplishments and I was impressed.
I am not impressed by the way you talk to people.

Since you are on my thread you should be able to give me a tip or two on using the internet to learn how to identify knives, maker, year, model and so on.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

You search just like you would search anything else- for example, search "manners" and see what you come up with.

And- I SHOULD be able to give you a tip? Why should I? Most of us here are more than happy to help anyone who asks-and we do so when we can.

Knives like your Woodard, while well made, are something I have little interest in. It's basically just another aluminum handled plunge lock- like everything else produced in the US.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Lumberjack ... I'm new here also so I went back and read your post and the responses carefully. I have to honestly say I just don't understand what you are asking for ... It's one thing to ask a question but quite another to demand an education.

Mike
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Whippersnapper, thanks, I appreciate your last post. I am sorry as well. I used the Woodard knife as an example and then asked my question.
I can see how some might get confused. I already learned about that knife, but I was wondering if there was a better, faster more efficient way to research the rest of my knives because I have so many.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Bill, really? You used the word b@tch in your last post. You need to search "manners" This is a public forum and kids might come on here and see the way you talk.
Yes, you should be able to give me a tip or some direction. Logic.
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

mike? You didn't read anything. If you had read anything like you say you did you would have read this post. This was the question. The Woodard knife was an example. Below you will see the question.

Edit
Report this post
Postby Lumberjackbo65 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm
Good grief!

WHAT IS A GOOD WAY TO RESEARCH KNIVES ON THE INTERNET??? A WAY THAT IS THOROUGH AND EFFICIENT???
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

I have learned a lot since I started this thread. I know some good places to get info now and this forum is a good place to learn about knives too. The info here in general is good when I want to learn about a knife that is for sale and so on. Whippersnapper and some others give a very good description and history on knives they have for sale.

I have the rest of my life to learn about things, My knives are just one of them.

I am thankful to the "positive people" I have met here.