Woodard "Fer De Lance" I need help please

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Lumberjackbo65

Woodard "Fer De Lance" I need help please

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

20180815_092221.jpg
20180815_092221.jpg (854.01 KiB) Viewed 4781 times
20180815_092450.jpg
20180815_092450.jpg (897.99 KiB) Viewed 4781 times
I have a Woodard Fer De Lance That is in my Uncle's "JerrBear" and my collection. I like the knife, it is solid and well built. I was on the internet trying to learn about this knife and I did ok. I was able to find out the name and a little about Mr. Woodard. After that I tried to find the value out of curiosity and that is one of the problems I have. Another problem I'm having is finding the actual model and wether or not it is special edition, commemorative or garden variety. This to me is important beyond money because of who they came from. My Uncle had strong character and I know just about every piece in this collection had a meaning to it. Some "Excessive Compulsive" or "Impulse Buy" might be the meaning lol I understand that completely. I ran into a man on the internet who was selling an Al Mar WorTac like the one I posted recently. He was very helpful and outgoing only he's pretty busy. He said he would draw up a way for me to research these knives and learn about them in a way that is "MODULAR AND UNIVERSAL". I'm here for the duration lol And I want to learn and excel in my knowledge and experience Any help that will help me help myself will be greatly appreciated.

A few of these knives might get rehomed and I want it to be fair, buyer and seller. Been running my business for going on 27 years with no contracts except commercial jobs by making it fair to my customers and fair to me. My customers are lifers and I love it.
whippersnapper

Re: Woodard "Fer De Lance" I need help please

Post by whippersnapper »

Used to be a very collectible knife. I'm sure it still is to the right guys. I would guess $250-$300 dollars value atleast.

Lumberjack, to be honest talkblade is geared more towards Italian knives. Not that there isn't a lot of knowledge here about other knives but some of us are getting a little long in the tooth and forgetful...lol

There might be other forums that might be more helpful to find info on older non Italian autos.
There is an automatic knife forum on sharperdeals http://www.sharperdeal.biz/forums/index ... 93be7d18b4 but talking about buying and selling is not allowed there so you have to tread lightly asking about values sometimes.

There is also Bladeforums an jersey devil and I'm sure some other large forums that I'm forgetting.
Maybe some of the members here will have more suggestions.
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Good morning Whippersnapper and thanks for your reply. Like Talkblade, I am geared for Italian stilettos/knives and I have my eye on some new additions. That knife is a good example of what I'm talking about being the actual way to research, identify and value any knife myself and become self sufficient. I have heard of Sharper deal a little and I will check them out.

My purpose here is to learn and you have learned me something. Thanks Whippersnapper!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

At bladeforums you have to be a paying member to ask for values on knives. Don't know about jersey devil but that may be a good place to ask about it.
2024 candidate for president
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Right on Sammy and thanks for your reply!

I am looking for "help" in the way of tips, advice and direction. I want very much to be able to research and identify what I have and in the future and be precise and efficient in my findings. I help people in a lot of ways someday I can help people learn and understand what they have and to research and be productive for themselves.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

JerzeeDevil will not allow you to ask prices on knives. I'm a non-paying member of Blade Forums. I didn't know I had to pay to ask a question on value.
Arizona Custom Knives is a great resource for checking prices of knives for sale and those that have sold.
https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/kni ... nives.html
Last edited by fastr19 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

fer de.jpg
fer de.jpg (93.9 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
Here's one of mine.
sammy the blade

That's pimp!
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Like Sammy said! lol
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR APPRAISLES OR PRICING. I AM ASKING FOR HELP LEARNING HOW TO RESEARCH MY KNIVES MYSELF.
The pic of the knife is just that, a pic. The story behind "the pic" is my example what I'm talking about. This is not the first time I have asked for help here either. If I keep going talking about asking for help it can be called rude, but don't you think it's rude not to help someone asking for help?

I know it's nobodys job to help me learn,but I want to be a positive contribution to this forum. I don't boast or brag much and I DON'T FORGET FAVORS.

Learning about knives and making some friends at the same time would be nice.

Please read and reread, I do.
sammy the blade

If I knew anything about the knife I'd chime right in, just as most any other member here would. Ask about any knife you want here, we'll help if we can. I really enjoy you showing us some of Jerry's knives, I really miss my old pal.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

woodard stamp.JPG
woodard stamp.JPG (254.23 KiB) Viewed 4718 times
Sorry I misread your intent. Buck Woodard was kind of a mysterious character. He was known for White Wolf knives and Woodard Knives. i think he was mainly a "grinder" like Brend. Neither of the above entities is still in business. His logo.
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

Good grief!

WHAT IS A GOOD WAY TO RESEARCH KNIVES ON THE INTERNET??? A WAY THAT IS THOROUGH AND EFFICIENT???

Lol
sammy the blade

You might join bladeforums and post a picture asking if anyone knows anything about it, never know. Lots of info to be found there but first try the search there, lots of snobs there, just my opinion.
Lumberjackbo65

Post by Lumberjackbo65 »

In the above text I clearly said "I was able to research this knife and a little about Mr. Woodard too". There must be a way to research using the internet, but you guys don't know.

In the time I am wasting here I can figure this out myself lol