Freaknives.com....?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
omega

Re: Freaknives.com....?

Post by omega »

It's early and the seller has not been heard from yet. Judgments should be postponed. How he responds will speak volumes.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

If he has a Leverletto with Microtec on the blade and doesn't know it's a fake then he probably shouldn't be in the knife business.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

ALL of the "AKC" knives on freaknives.com are Chinese counterfeits-as are almost all the new knives there.
He may be a nice guy, but I call them like I see them.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Looks like he does the shopping at dhgate. How could he not know?
sammy the blade

omega wrote:It's early and the seller has not been heard from yet. Judgments should be postponed. How he responds will speak volumes.
I doubt that he does respond. I have nothing against people selling anything as long as they don't misrepresent what they are selling. I don't see how he couldn't know, some of his prices on the "AKC" stilettos are cheaper than you can buy direct!
omega

Post by omega »

At the request of one of the mods, I PM'd him thru FaceBook and told him about the thread here. I suspect he'll be along shortly.
sammy the blade

In his defense, he didn't post the link to his store here.
FREAKNIVES

Post by FREAKNIVES »

I just spent 20 minutes drafting a really clever response and somehow I hit the wrong button and deleted it so I will not be as wordy this post.

Sammy Why wouldn't I respond? Not sure why you would think that, but anyway I do sell a few inexpensive knives to people who like the design but cant fork out the bux, but just like you guys I call em as I see em. lets start out the easy way
page 1Ganzo priced right 7.5 inch Leverlock, cheap t shirts 15-25 bux, 7" shur Snap under mkt value, 8" genuine Honey Horn Sold generic AK47 bayonet, Near Mint Rizzys sold the last 5 will buy more if any of you wanna sell, Foamcore display made it myself, an entire collection priced crazy high so one of you don't buy it page 2 Leverlock Ivory Colored acrylic Lazer etched blade a few collectable advertising folders do I need to go on?
I don't claim to sell Microtech Hubertus or Bill Deshivs Leverlettos by the way anyone know where I could buy a few made in the US?

Guys I am not out to misrepresent anything and no the AKC's were not bought from DHGate and the Honey Horns were beautuful and if they were fakes give me a busload Sold em and they Were beautiful the acrylic handled ones are inexpensive Knives (although It doesn't make sense to clone cheap knives to begin with)

Im not out to misrepresent anything I sell. I have several new knives hitting the site soon unbranded OTF'S AGA CAMPOLINS no I already sold those sorry lets see oh yes 11" Fank B Swingaurd(s) should be in next week several AGA CAMPOLIN Money Clips 5 70s D stamped Italians a Few Russian Prison Knives (talk about misrepresenting) My gold Flylock with period correct Gold filled Chain & period correct Elgin Watch please make me a real offer Working with a well known maker to build 25 over 200.00 collectors

If I am misrepresenting anything that you see let me know my phone number and address are on the site shoot me a Text I'm not out to offend anyone
Im just sellin a few knives to keep my hobby alive.

I normally don't answer my phone I work 50 plus hours at my day job and spend the rest answering text emails and shipping shoot me a
Text 812 306 8686 anyone who has bought from me knows I am a straight shooter email me

people are gonna bash people because that's what they do. I cant please everyone and that's OK, but if you let me know my description of a 50 dollar knife offends you in some way or that I have misrepresented it I can change it.

I wanna thank those of you with the kind words and the ones with not so kind words

Thanks Guys hope to hear from you soon
Aaron
FREAKNIVES

Post by FREAKNIVES »

Peteymcsweety wrote:I bought an akc stilleto and it has stainless steel liners So from the comments i got on here, everyone is pretty sure its a clone
Akc 9" stiletto https://imgur.com/gallery/KZGM3IF
I got the AKC from a Guy who assured me they were not as I assume AKC is an inexpensive brand why would anyone Quote Clone them? but if people do in fact clone them and it is not worth what you paid for it to you I will be happy to give you your money back, with that said There is a ton of knowledge on here and elsewear I have heard every AGA is a clone I have Heard all Frank Betrames are clones I make 2 distinctions when I buy a knife obviusly when i buy 5 or 6 I ask is it real can only assume a cheap brand knife with acrylic scales would be inexpensive so price point is right and look at the quality if its in the orice point its all good

Just bought a Tigewood Frank B Swnggaurd from a well known collector gave market value for it had it posted 10 minutes asking about tigerwood never heard of it and people were calling it a clone within 10 minutes there are bashers who sole purpose in life is to bash I pay no attention to them if you like it keep it if you dont send it back dont get cought up on the self proclaimed experts. Which I am not one of
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Thanks for coming here to add your input.

Selling cheap generic knives is not the issue. Selling cheap counterfeit knives such as the AKCs is what most are steamed about.

Some straight-shooting type questions:
Are you aware there are counterfeit knives made in China and perhaps elsewhere for sale on your site?
Do you believe that such bogus knives, no matter how beautiful they may be, are a form of theft?
Or do you subscribe to the Chinese view that trademarks are meaningless and can be pirated with impunity?
sammy the blade

You should check out the dhgate web site and then you'll get a better understanding. I'm sure some of the clones your getting are very nice knives but 60 bux for a ganzo is quite a mark up. If your advertising akc knives that's what they should be! Hope it all works out for you but when people find out they didn't get what they thought was Italian they wont be happy.
omega

Post by omega »

FREAKNIVES wrote:
Peteymcsweety wrote:I bought an akc stilleto and it has stainless steel liners So from the comments i got on here, everyone is pretty sure its a clone
Akc 9" stiletto https://imgur.com/gallery/KZGM3IF
I got the AKC from a Guy who assured me they were not as I assume AKC is an inexpensive brand why would anyone Quote Clone them? but if people do in fact clone them and it is not worth what you paid for it to you I will be happy to give you your money back, with that said There is a ton of knowledge on here and elsewear I have heard every AGA is a clone I have Heard all Frank Betrames are clones I make 2 distinctions when I buy a knife obviusly when i buy 5 or 6 I ask is it real can only assume a cheap brand knife with acrylic scales would be inexpensive so price point is right and look at the quality if its in the orice point its all good

Just bought a Tigewood Frank B Swnggaurd from a well known collector gave market value for it had it posted 10 minutes asking about tigerwood never heard of it and people were calling it a clone within 10 minutes there are bashers who sole purpose in life is to bash I pay no attention to them if you like it keep it if you dont send it back dont get cought up on the self proclaimed experts. Which I am not one of
Thanks for weighing in, Aaron. As you've observed there's a whole marketplace built on Chinese fakes of popular knife styles and brands. The Chinese have gotten to the point with their COUNTERFEITING, that it can be tough to tell the difference without having the genuine article on hand for side-by-side comparison. Its MUCH worse now than it was when I was selling on the auctions years ago. All you can do is to know your wholesale source(s) and your product. Buyers expect that if you're selling it, you MUST know the differences and that's only reasonable.

AKC/AGA Campolin, the Beltrame families, Bill DeShivs and others have all been hit hard by the Chinese fakes and the collector community is pissed .... and rightfully so. These families have staked their entire livlihoods on producing the goods we want to collect. As collectors, we have some loyalty to them as well as respect for the traditions of the "Cottage Industry" they're a part of.

That said, I recently bought an exceptional fake of a Microtech Halo IV off a FaceBook seller and I love it. It's now my EDC and for $60, I don't give a shit if I snap the blade off opening paint cans or using it as a pry tool. I knew it was a fake and so did the seller who advertised it and priced it as such, right down to the fake Tony Marfione Stamp and serial number on the retractor. Since I was never a Microtech customer who would spend huge sums for an EDC knife, I don't feel too guilty about it, and if I could source those (fake) knives, I'd sell them myself. Likewise for the counterfeit Benchmade Infidels, although some of those fakes are known to be pretty shitty. And it's not just knives..... the Chinese are selling
$5000 Martin Guitars for $170 USD, RayBan Sunglasses for $19, etc . No one seriously thinks the counterfeits are even close in quality to the authentic goods. I don't think my fake Microtech approaches the quality of a real one and until I become a mercenary and have to stake my life on the performance of a knife, it won't become an issue for me.

The difference here is that the families producing the REAL Italian goods can feel it in their sales. We know them as people, many of whom we've spoken with a time or two. They've built their knives and reputations one piece at a time. There's romance in what they do and that's part of the collectors' love of their work. The dilution of their product and marketplace is something that hits closer to home. It's only natural that collectors of the REAL goods are going to get pissy. Once these families are gone, the Maniago Cutlery industry dies as well. None of us want that. There's just no romance to be found in a knife mass-produced in that tiny cutlery town of Shenzen.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

So, you are saying you don't know the difference between counterfeits and genuine knives.
I rest my case.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I agree with Bill D.....
Peteymcsweety

Post by Peteymcsweety »

This post was not intended to bash freaknives.aaron is a standup guy in my opinion and the knife i got from him is a good knife in fact its now in my collection and i plan to keep that way and i plan on ordering more knives from him, (opinions are like assholes everyone has one) ......