Hate that it’s come to this but I’m getting desperate

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mykniveSSuck82

Hate that it’s come to this but I’m getting desperate

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Can someone please help me find a reliable website that sells 9” to 11 inch Swinguard Stiletto switchblades? AKC, Frank B. Or some other brand automatic swinguard Knives? I feel like I have exhausted all my other options and I am no longer able to find any of these knives on my own. What’s going on? are they just not made anymore? Seems like all I can find these days are A.G.A Campolin 13” batwing “that don’t look like a batwing swinguard to me” And what is the point of having a 13 inch pocket knife anyways? if I wanted a short sword I’d buy a short sword. Seems like a couple years back I saw AKC 9” swinguards all over for sale. Any color I could possibly want and the option of a plain flat grind, bayonet or dagger style blade for prices ranging from $85 to $120. What has happened? :cry: I want to cry.

PS if it is against the rules to talk about knife dealers is it possible to get a friendly PM from someone who might be willing to share a little insight with me on a good source for swinguards? Now days it’s easier for me to find a rare old Rizzy or a rare super-automatic knife then it is a brand new swinguard from Italy it seem.
JulesVane

Re: Hate that it’s come to this but I’m getting desperate

Post by JulesVane »

3knives still has plenty of the AKC 9" swingers in stock.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Make a post in buy and sell forum, you might have some luck there.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Try

knifeshop.com
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
john

Post by john »

Also
Myswitchblade.com
BladeHQ.com
uniqueBlade.com
John

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Looks like a nice one closer to home... http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... uard-knife

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Don’t forget the Good Ones List. I did till just now.
John

thom

Post by thom »

John, What is "The Good Ones List"?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

There was a list of reliable retailers that we had up for a while. I think it was taken down because it created the impression that if a dealer wasn't on the list they were unreliable, which wasn't the necessarily case. If you have any question about any particular site but don't want to ask on an open forum, just ask a mod or regular member.
john

Post by john »

Back when the good ones list was created it was a lot more difficult to find a switchblades Italian or otherwise. The suppliers on the list had quality knives available for collectors. As time went on more sources for knives became available. I was not aware that the good ones list has been taken down. As Jerry said just because someone was not on the list did not mean they were reliable.
John

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The list got outdated and most of the sellers that were on it are now long gone.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Wow! Thank you for all the help guys. :) I was able to find a AKC Swinguard on 3knives I’m going to buy.. can’t decide on the ebony wood or cow horn but I’m thinking the cow horn? both are plain flat grind blades. Heck maybe I’ll get both I like the black just wish it wasn’t wood.... the pores on ebony wood can be quite big and that wood tends to not be very smooth unfortunately.... But still. Going to look around a bit more because if I can a frank B. I’ll get that too. They look a lot better then the AKC Swinguard to me... more like a Rizzy :) wish Frank B. had a 9” Swinguard but 11” will be cool! Because of all my bad experiences I’m so afraid to buy anything online anymore. But it’s got to happen! I need more Swinguard Knives.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Glad you found at least part of your search. Modern swinguards are certainly a limited item. Seems either a 13" A.G.A. Campolin, a 9" AKC or an 11" Frank Beltrame is all that's available from the Italian market. To acquire anything less than a 9", is finding something more "vintage" and un-stamped by maker.