Brand new A.G.A Campolin ring pull with poor fitting?!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Re: Brand new A.G.A Campolin ring pull with poor fitting?!

Post by kugr »

I picked up a 2015 Francese from SD, put together very well. It has its "issues", either a weak spring, or the pivot pin is too tight. For me, it's ok. It sits open in a display. I also picked up one of the classic picklocks (3knives), it had some slight separation at one of the pins... still ok for me. Picked up a second classic picklock, perfect in every way (3knives). Got tips on how to fix the first picklock from here (haven't done it yet), also sent a picture of it to 3knives asking if I should be worried, they said no, and offered to fix and/or replace it if I wanted(I chose not to, the horn was to beautiful). I will still buy from them with confidence.
Now, onto the blades shipped separately... are we (government regs) only allowing importing of stilettos as parts kits (gun reference)?
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Technically, it's illegal to import ANY part for an automatic knife.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Still?!? How ridiculous.... *insert government b*tching here*
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Wow ok from time to time maybe you will see some bad work because all this ar handmade and no the same every time but in general aga campolin has very good reputation but this happens sometimes unfortunately my opinion is that you have contact with dealer if you cannot fix it...you can easily try to tighten up the pivots and very gently put the blade more in center but after you do this dont forget to hamer very gently again the big pivot and use a towel so no get damaged the scales or guard
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Rogers wrote:Just bought an AGA 11” picklock and it is near perfect. Man I held my breath but I lucked out.
Good for you on the score! I forgot to add in the post that AGA does make some fantastic picklocks also. A myriad variety of them.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller