Can someone identify the year of this Rostfrei switchblade?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Username

Re: Can someone identify the year of this Rostfrei switchblade?

Post by Username »

A final quick question - how much would this knife be worth?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I can't see the blade but as long as it isn't seriously sharpened or has some other issue, it would be worth around $150. Sometimes cooler or unusual scales will increase the value but when these are put up for auction they close around $150. If you do list it as an auction, you might get multiple bidders who take the price higher than that. If you do list it, let us know.
Username

Post by Username »

Thanks for the information. I probably won't list it - I like the idea of starting a little knife collection. I was just wondering what kind of value I was looking at. Thanks again.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Sorry to revive this thread Username but I knew I had seen another Rostfrei knife with the number 4 beneath it.

It wasnt a swinguard but a normal stilletto and the only thing in common with your knife was that its a stag scaled version.
I wonder are the numbers to tell assemblers that a certain scale material was to be used......
eg
1 horn
2 white pearlex
4 stag
7 ?

This is only a theory but i am trying to find a relevance to numbers as they pop up when I have searched here.

Can anyone with any more info on these numbers under the rostfrei give us a clue what they were used for , and also what assemblers at Maniago /or retailers may have used them for?

gravknife
Attachments
DSC01163.jpg
DSC01163.jpg (111.66 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
DSC01158.jpg
DSC01158.jpg (124.95 KiB) Viewed 1371 times