Can someone identify the year of this Rostfrei switchblade?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Username

Re: Can someone identify the year of this Rostfrei switchblade?

Postby Username » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm

A final quick question - how much would this knife be worth?

JimBrown257

Postby JimBrown257 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 am

I can't see the blade but as long as it isn't seriously sharpened or has some other issue, it would be worth around $150. Sometimes cooler or unusual scales will increase the value but when these are put up for auction they close around $150. If you do list it as an auction, you might get multiple bidders who take the price higher than that. If you do list it, let us know.

Username

Postby Username » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks for the information. I probably won't list it - I like the idea of starting a little knife collection. I was just wondering what kind of value I was looking at. Thanks again.

gravknife

Postby gravknife » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Sorry to revive this thread Username but I knew I had seen another Rostfrei knife with the number 4 beneath it.

It wasnt a swinguard but a normal stilletto and the only thing in common with your knife was that its a stag scaled version.
I wonder are the numbers to tell assemblers that a certain scale material was to be used......
eg
1 horn
2 white pearlex
4 stag
7 ?

This is only a theory but i am trying to find a relevance to numbers as they pop up when I have searched here.

Can anyone with any more info on these numbers under the rostfrei give us a clue what they were used for , and also what assemblers at Maniago /or retailers may have used them for?

gravknife
Attachments
DSC01163.jpg
DSC01163.jpg (111.66 KiB) Viewed 250 times
DSC01158.jpg
DSC01158.jpg (124.95 KiB) Viewed 250 times

Return to “Switchblade knives”