Replacement spring for a 1960's rostfrei import

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JamesIowaboy

Replacement spring for a 1960's rostfrei import

Post by JamesIowaboy »

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement spring for this knife? The knife is 7 3/4" long opened.
Attachments
1531025592248382256281.jpg
1531025592248382256281.jpg (998.44 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
sammy the blade

Re: Replacement spring for a 1960's rostfrei import

Post by sammy the blade »

You might try autoknife.com
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi James, and welcome. Your knife looks really nice and most certainly worth a fix. I'ts my understanding (I could be wrong), that not every 9" (for example) knife part fits every 9" knife. I would think the same applies to every size. I wouldn't think that you could just order a spring for a 7.75" knife. There are very talented members here that could possibly make one, or grind one down to fit. There are also different spring applications such as the "slip in" kind, which may determine whether your knife has to be totally dismantled or not. These are all just speculations on my part of course. Our best hope, is that Bill DeShivs may chime in to advise or direct you to your fix. Personally, if I had the knife in one hand and a new spring in the other, I still doubt I could fix it! lol...good luck James.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Most people do not have the ability, tools, or knowledge to replace a switchblade spring.
Attempting it will likely ruin your knife.
I, or a couple of others here, can repair your knife properly.

BTW- never buy from autoknife.com or related web sites. They are dishonest-and if you buy the wrong item or a counterfeit item, they will tell you it's YOUR fault.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Only place I could think of. Your best bet would be to hire Bill for the repair if he's not backed up.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Your best bet would be to hire Bill for the repair if he's not backed up. Sammy nailed it.

Jim
john

Post by john »

Hi James,
Bill is definitely ONE of the best! Bill’s Done work for me and his work never disappoints me.
However, if Bill is too busy and he can’t fit your knife into his schedule for a few weeks you can always see if any of the other skilled members can take on your project.
If you’re not in a hurry wait for Bill.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed