Knife Shop.com

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arlen

Knife Shop.com

Post by arlen »

Is Knife Shop.com still in business? I see that the last copyright on the website is for 2014.
Regards,
arlen
Scotchman

Re: Knife Shop.com

Post by Scotchman »

I just sent a message to them. Waiting for a reply.
texans123

Post by texans123 »

I bought a replacement spring from them a few months ago. Took sometime to get here and I was beginning to wonder myself. But did receive it, correct size and no problems. Hope this helps.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I checked the site briefly and went through an order test. Put a low priced stiletto in my cart and went to the checkout. The knife was $46 and the shipping was $37.50. Where is this? In Germany?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Believe the site is still in Austria. I think the knife laws are better there.
arlen

Post by arlen »

Well, I have tested the waters at Knife Shop.com by ordering a Frank Beltrame 28cm stiletto, bayonet blade, swivel bolster, tortoise shell handle. (That is, I think that this is a swivel bolster. I cannot tell from the photo.)
The cost of the knife is $46.40 USD, but the shipping is $37.20, for a total of $83.60. My receipt says that VAT is excluded. That is wonderful, except I do not know what VAT might be.
Hope my credit card does not get stolen, but that is why I have Life Lock.

Regards,
arlen
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

VAT or Value Added Tax is one we in the US do not use. I'm amazed the politicians haven't slapped this one on our backs....yet. There are several explanations of how it works, just Google VAT but don't click on Vat 69. :lol:
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Nice arlen...anxious to here how your order/delivery goes. Great pricing but the darn shipping ($). Of course, the cost to get it home only brings the price to around what one would expect to pay for the piece. Please let us know how it goes.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

It has been years since I have ordered from knifeshop but it used to be they would combine shipping on multiple knives. I think the last time we ordered at least 6 knives shipped for the same cost as one. It really brought the average price down and I combined orders with other knife buddies to make it work. This might be worth checking out again because they sometime carry some unique stuff that is hard to find here.
john

Post by john »

whippersnapper wrote:...I think the last time we ordered at least 6 knives shipped for the same cost as one.
Terry,
That’s exactly what I did the last time I ordered from them.

Arlin,
My knives always arrived in 7 to 10 days. The imitation tortoise Frank uses is a really good imitation. I have a swing guard I’m pretty sure you’ll like your 28 cm swivel bolster stiletto.

John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
arlen

Post by arlen »

We were notified that my Frank Beltrame 28cm stiletto, bayonet blade, swivel bolster, tortoise shell handle has arrived and is awaiting pickup. My wife will trek to town tomorrow and pick it up. I can't wait!
All of my communications with Knife Shop.com were promptly answered. I inquired about shipment and they supplied a tracking #. I am going to purchase another knife this weekend if this one proves to be a quality item and as advertised.
I will post pics after I get my greedy hands on this knife. I really like things made of tortoise shell. It reminds me of the '50s.
Regards,
arlen
DonC

Post by DonC »

I've dealt with them on a number of occasions and the transaction has always been straight forward. Hope you're happy with it.
DonC
arlen

Post by arlen »

So, this is the knife that I received. I ordered a Tortoise Shell handled knife.
The knife that I received is the ugliest knife that I have ever seen in my life. It is not even listed on their website. I am raging mad!
I am not going to say much about it right now. i am awaiting a reply from Martin at Knife Shop.

Regards,
arlen
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I love the handle!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
arlen

Post by arlen »

Looks like shit to me!
Regards,
arlen