Knife Shop.com

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
texans123

Re: Knife Shop.com

Post by texans123 »

I like it as well. Can you post a pic of the backside scales.
arlen

Post by arlen »

I do not know why you would want to torment your eyes, but here is the flip side. it is much uglier in real life.
Also two of the brass pins have very sharp burrs that snag your fingers whenever you run your finger over them.

Regards,
arlen
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Never seen those type scales before, I like em!
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I like it too!!! But they should have sent what you ordered!!! What did they say?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Since other folks like the knife, suggest you sell it. I have heard those scales described as coffee with cream, and have owned a few. Note, genuine tortoise has been internationally banned for decades. What you first pictured is acrylic tortoise, and is generally nearly clear making the mechanicals of the knife visible through the scales instead of concealed by them. George Cameron gold leafed the underside of that type of scale material to make them opaque and to make the color pop. Reach out to Rick (Member here, also I will PM you contact info later). He stocks those knives and rescales in a wide variety of materials. His prices are very reasonable. I'm pretty sure you can get pleased without losing much money. Best of luck to you, Arlen.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i like t5hose scales !!! butt then again i like odd things.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

TRYKER wrote:i like t5hose scales !!! butt then again i like odd things.
Me too.
sammy the blade

A little to odd for me.
arlen

Post by arlen »

Well, I feel that I need to update this forum concerning my interaction with Knife Shop.com. I have tried my very best to remain mad at this store, but they are making it very difficult. Martin, with Knife Shop.com has corresponded several time with me and offered various generous remedies to this unfortunate knife purchase.
Martin has bent over backward to make it right with me. And that, after I have made a complete ass of myself.
I have come to the conclusion that they made a honest mistake and I will definitely make future purchases with them with the assurance that they are dealing honestly. That is, IF they will have me as a customer.
(Damn! I wish that I had a cooler head when things go wrong.)
Regards,
arlen
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Martin Morocutti is a class act.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

It does happen arlen, and it's easy to lose your cool sometimes when "things" happen. Just think...this was an $83 transaction. Just wait until the addiction brings you into the $400 to $500+ ones lol. Hopefully, you won't run into such a drastic example of completely different scales, but even minor issues can test ones "cool". Hoping things continue to work out for you on this one. Sounds like it's on the right path.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Definitely not what you ordered!
arlen

Post by arlen »

From what I understand, Knife Shop fills its orders through Beltrame. The item number I ordered (be2839b) was filled by Beltrame with a different design with the same number (be2839b). I can understand Knife Shop's situation in this deal and it is not enviable. Their website has now been updated for this item.
If Knife Shop was a brick and mortar store, with inventory on the shelves, shipping the wrong item would not be acceptable to me. But, considering their business model, I cannot hold them responsible for this snafu. They have updated their website offering and proposed generous, unnecessary remedies to me to make this purchase right.
Knife Shop, in my opinion, is a very good source from which to purchase.
Regards,
arlen
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Knife Shop IS a brick and mortar store. They may also have suppliers drop-ship items.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

I'd send it back and get what you ordered in the first place, shipping should be on them.