Genuine AKC stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

Genuine AKC stiletto

Post by Scotchman »

I'm not familiar with these, has genuine AKC's ever had SS liners?
Scotchman

Re: Genuine AKC stiletto

Post by Scotchman »

Or any genuine Italians for that matter?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Leverlettos and quite a few other AKCs have stainless liners.
I don't think I have seen a stiletto with SS liners.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Right Bill, I haven't seen any ss lined AKC stilettos either. Of course the Leverletto is and the Speed Hunter comes to mind as well.

Jim
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Does AKC make many traditional style stilettos at all? Of course we are very familiar with Bill's Leverletto, the 9" swingers, Speed Hunter...But, I'm very cautious when I see the "traditional" stiletto offered with an AKC stamp. Seems the Asian rip-offs can spell AKC pretty well. (Hopefully, I'm using the term 'traditional" in the correct manner).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

That's my impression that Asian's/knockoffs use SS. There is an AKC on Ebay that has SS liners, and my thinking is it's fake, I could be wrong. Like I said, I don't have knowledge with AKC.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I've seen some AKC "traditional" stilettos that were convincing enough for me to consider them legitimate, strong snap, hefty, tight fit-and-finish, brass liners; most if not all were Pearlex, identical scales to that of Frank B's pearlex runs circulating through the market at the time (2008-2010-ish).

It wasn't until 2013 or 2014 that I really began seeing AKC clones almost everywhere - at least one vendor at each knife show I dropped in on had them, and they were of noticeably shittier quality.

So, my assumption is that AKC has done "traditional" swivel bolster stilettos in past years, but more recently has been focusing on leverlocks and some funky OTF's.

Overall, any 'letto with SS liners tends to strike me as fake, regardless of the stamp. I don't think anyone uses them in Italy. Stepped pin below the safety slide is another key indicator.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
john

Post by john »

From what I just recently learned AKC did make a traditional/classic style stiletto. See the thread: AKC STILETTOS ARE THEY ANYGOOD. All of Angelo’s traditional/class stiletto are now sold as AGA Campolin or by the makers stamp like Frank Beltrame, etc.
Stainless liners are a warning signal.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed