2" mini switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

2" mini switchblade

Post by Scotchman »

I purchased a 2" knife with the wasp body, plastic scales, screws instead of pins, SS liners with Inox over Italy. Genuine Italian or Asian?
Scotchman

Re: 2" mini switchblade

Post by Scotchman »

It's a pick lock with no safety.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Italian, probably.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Scotchman wrote:I purchased a 2" knife with the wasp body, plastic scales, screws instead of pins, SS liners with Inox over Italy. Genuine Italian or Asian?
Sounds great Scott. This is yet another one of those items that seemingly have developed some sort of "panic attack" in their price as of late. What were commonly sold for around $14.99, are, for some reason, fetching prices in the hundreds of dollars. Much like the Rizzuto, I don't quite get it. They are a cool little "novelty" item, but to fetch as much (if not more) than a full size stiletto, is another mystery to me. Cool and collectible none the less.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Sounds like a typical 4" (10cm)open Italian. More than likely, if the blade pivot pin is a screw this was a kit knife. If pivot is solid, most likely factory assembled. Usually with an anchor on tang with other writing. I believe there were three generations of this mark.Anchor/pat. pend. first (kits only), 2nd Anchor over inox, and third , Anchor over Italy or Italy only. This is gathered info from many sources and serves only as a guideline, no guarantees. IMO. Any other info on these minis always welcome. Tom
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Just reread post, Inox over Italy is the same knife, new production. I guess you would say "4th gen." The first three probably no newer than 80's ish. Once again, other opinions welcomed. Always looking for more info on minis. Tom
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I'm thinking that maybe because the mini's are harder to obtain, only by a select few people who can get them or (in bulk ?). I would like to get another one but with pins, dark horn, & 4.5" like the one I had that broke, only this time I wouldn't play with it, it would go in my sealed box with my other knives. To Tazman, this one has a blade pin.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Do you have pics of broken knife ? What tang mark on broken knife ? Tom
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I don't but it's one of those SKM made in Italy stamp. That you find on BP or BHQ when they have them.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Go to "buy and sell " here, Metalgod had some listed in March.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I think Scott started this post about the 2.75" key chain model? Not really sure. But, here's the 2.75" key chains I got from Austria that are still readily available...

...They also have the 3.94" (4")... https://www.3knives.com/en/product/2104 ... 0-a-n.html

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

This is the one I had and would like to get again if someone has/can get them.
IMG_20180425_231127.jpg
IMG_20180425_231127.jpg (68.99 KiB) Viewed 6683 times
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

With blackest horn scales as possible.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Scott, I would check with Bernie (METALGOD), I don't see them here in "black", but he may be able to help you (as TazmanTom mentioned):
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25096#p276007

Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Thanks.