ROSCO

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Rey Zhourej

ROSCO

Post by Rey Zhourej »

Just picked this one up today. Spring is missing and the small leaf spring that holds the release button in the closed position is broken. Pretty full blade except for some file marks that are slowly being worked out. A couple small chips in the handles too.Looking to get a replacement spring for it.
Attachments
ROSCO Italy-$20 003.jpg
ROSCO Italy-$20 003.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
ROSCO Italy-$20 002.jpg
ROSCO Italy-$20 002.jpg (65.67 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
ROSCO Italy-$20 001.jpg
ROSCO Italy-$20 001.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
john

Re: ROSCO

Post by john »

Very nice old knife. There are several members here who can professional restore your knife.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

john wrote:Very nice old knife. There are several members here who can professional restore your knife.
John
Thanks John. I see you are from my home state. Got out about 25 years ago and never looked back.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Beautiful old Rosco Rey 8)

I love the colour of that horn its almost like a beautiful wood colour.
I love the quality of the old Picklocks and its a great stamp to have.

Great knife overall which simply oozes character .I hope you can get it repaired its well worth the effort.
Glad to see you posting again Rey I havnt seen your name pop up for a while.

All the best

Ian
john

Post by john »

Hi Rey,
I’ve just about had it with these New England winters. My wife is three years from retirement. My son said to us we’d love New Mexico. He did a month’s worth of work at a Native American site, he’s an archaeologist. I don’t know where we’ll end up. We’ll probably stay put :D right here in Boston.
Where did you live? Did you leave for work or for better weather?
Your ROSCO is really nice addition to your collection. I don’t know how anxious you are to get your knife cleaned up but there’s a lot you can do to clean it up. I’m sure you know all the players here. I bet someone here would be happy restore your knife for you. I would do it for you but I can’t. I’m still dealing with a messed up neck, shoulder and arm. I haven’t been able to work on my projects. I hope I can get back to my workbench to finish up some of my restorations.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

I hear you John. My youngest son still lives in Massachusetts and wants to get out. I live in Michigan now. Moved out here to marry a girl I met while I was in the Navy back in the 60's. Surprisingly enough we get very little snow here but it is bitter cold in the winter.
I had to take a medical retirement at 50 due to some serious medical issues but still practice my craft of sign painting. Just getting back to work after some serious surgery in January.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Great find! That blade is looking good after your work on it.

The file names of those pictures include the term "$20". If that is what you paid, you stole it.
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

natcherly wrote:Great find! That blade is looking good after your work on it.

The file names of those pictures include the term "$20". If that is what you paid, you stole it.
Yes;$20 is what I paid for it. The guy I got it from says he has a bunch of old automatics at his house that he never brought into the shop because he couldn't legally sell them here. He is bringing them in next week for me to look over to see if I want any(!).BTW he was the one who set the price on it;not me.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Rey Zhourej wrote:...BTW he was the one who set the price on it;not me.
Even better! That way no one can complain that they were taken advantage of.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

holy crap! A Rosco for $20.00 WOW! ,I to am from Massachusetts,moved out in 1979,any way sweet knife, I have a few of them,glad your back.Eric
DonC

Post by DonC »

Good one.
DonC