slide lock missing cap

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

slide lock missing cap

Post by Scotchman »

Hi all , I hope all is well with everyone. I purchased an Italian switchblade that I have not received yet that is missing the cap for the slide lock. Would anyone here be interested in the repair and what would the cost be? Thanks. Scott
sammy the blade

Re: slide lock missing cap

Post by sammy the blade »

If it's missing the cap it's probably broken off so you'll need the whole safety. Wouldn't think the safety would cost much but the scale will have to come off. Pretty sure the the knife will have to be at least partially disassembled to be repaired. Lot of guys here can do it but unfortunately I'm not one of them.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Show us a picture when you get the knife.
If it's an older model, I may be able to repair it without removing the scale.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Good enough Bill, will do. I purchased it from Latham's vintage knives. It is according to the description, an " Italian stiletto inox 1960's early swivel bolster release horn 28 cm". I paid $150.00 and $7.00 to ship.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Also, thanks Sammy.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Scotchman wrote:Good enough Bill, will do. I purchased it from Latham's vintage knives. It is according to the description, an " Italian stiletto inox 1960's early swivel bolster release horn 28 cm". I paid $150.00 and $7.00 to ship.
Hi Scott, long time, no post. Hope all is well...I am thinking this is your purchase? https://lathams-vintage-knives.myshopif ... -horn-28cm

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Chris, still kickin' thanks, hope you are well. Yes that is the one.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Forgive my ignorance but what does D cutout mean?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Didn't think Bill was taking in any work, send it to him before everyone finds out!
2024 candidate for president
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

That's my plan anyway lol, prefer someone that knows what they are doing, no offense to anyone else and I would be honored if Bill D did the work. I am on a fixed income, so that would have to be taken into consideration. Did I make a good purchase?
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Off topic. Due to this post I ordered a knife from Latham’s. It’s been 3 days and I haven’t received a notification of shipping. Is this normal for them?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I had never heard of them until this thread.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Mike Latham goes by xxredman on eBay. I contacted him on his site and made an offer on one piece he had listed. He did reply with a counter-offer, which shows prices are somewhat negotiable. But, I didn't go the distance with the purchase, so can't contribute any knowledge there. Seemed "nice" enough in his reply on my offer.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I contacted Mike on my knife and he said he was out of town but he would give me more info on it tomorrow and ship it Monday.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Thanks Scotchman. Terry. I had never heard of them before either. They had a schatt and Morgan I needed to complete my set.