The Switch?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mr_edge

The Switch?

Post by mr_edge »

Can anyone tell what the real difference is between the "the switch" and the "classic" models on the F. Beltrame sites (ie., http://www.italianstiletto.com/models.htm).[/url]
Gort

Re: The Switch?

Post by Gort »

That would be the difference between screws and rivets for handle
material.

mr_edge wrote:Can anyone tell what the real difference is between the "the switch" and the "classic" models on the F. Beltrame sites (ie., http://www.italianstiletto.com/models.htm).[/url]
-Gort
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Stiletto vs Switch
Internally the Switch has differences to make prodution easier. The spring is replaceable. There is a reinforcement above the spring anchor but it should be moved foward, I've had two break just foward of the reinforcement. [Both these knives were heavily used]. They are stiffer feeling [less flex] but the liners are a little on the brittle side. Too much side pressure [like using it as a pry bar] will bend and ruin a Stiletto, it will break and ruin a Switch. For light duty they are great and have a very nice snap when opening.
collectornutz(clixx)

the switch?

Post by collectornutz(clixx) »

the liners and swivel bolster are casted in cheap metal. the solid bolster idea is a good one if it were on brass liners. now the little keychain ones are made this way and that sucks. the good thing about the switch is that since it is assembled with screws they come apart for cleaning and maintenence. i don't think that the pivot screws will stay tight and have to keep tightening them. i had one several years ago and i did'nt like it very well.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I like screws. You don't need a ball peen hammer to tighten 'em.

The Falcon
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Falcon,

Well, screw it then!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?