italian stiletto - frosolone - details

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
nir89

Re: italian stiletto - frosolone - details

Post by nir89 »

Hi all ,
i'm sorry for not being active in the last few days , i was on vacation and didn't had access to the forum .
i was thrilled to see all your comments , and learn a lot about my new stiletto ! :)

the knife is 22 cm long , and the handle made from horn (attach picture that you can see the horn clearly).

actually i'm knife collector for many years , but most of my items are not italian, i have around 3500 pieces.
over the years i bought some Italian stiletto's and i'm happy to share it here with you. attached are the pictures.

on the second picture you can see 2 stiletto's with the same unique logo, i also didn't succeeded to find details on it. i'm very curious about it and will be grateful for details. :)

Thanks!
Attachments
horn handle
horn handle
IMG_9279.JPG (447.08 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
IMG_4071.JPG
IMG_4071.JPG (672.96 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
IMG_4070.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG (956.75 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG (849.46 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

The two with the Dove holding the olive brace and the one marked Frosolone and now this Di Iorio are all great and matching somewhat and should be all together in a group.
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
DonC

Post by DonC »

Some great looking knives there. Hope someone comes up with some more information on the blade stamp. Haven't seen it before.
DonC
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

nir89

I have only ever seen peace doves on Swiss army knives .
Elsner Schweiz .I am wondering if the knives were made 1950s after ww2 for the world peace achieved back then?
This is only an idea ...not a fact.

Great knives 8) .......love the large stag with ball type bolster , and the Italian Akermanchen .
A really great set of knives with some I havnt seen and rare maker marked examples.
The Froselones are awesome ...i can't quite make out the maker of the one marked ITALY in that group.

Thanks for sharing them.

gravknife
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Great display of goodies!
lance

Post by lance »

You have some real doozies in there man WOWZA that dove stamps and the frosalone,stamps are outta site!! Love em..beautiful stag mickey mouse ear too!! Yheee-hawww!!