Shell Puller

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MauserMachinist

Re: Shell Puller

Post by MauserMachinist »

I feel bad bothering Bill. I'm sure I'm not the first newbie strolling through here mentioning the JC blade only to find out it's rather rare. Poor guy probably has the thousand yard stare when someone even mentions JC or The Outsiders. He has some gorgeous knives on his site, that's for damn sure.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Eddy
Great set of shellpullers 8)
That Bonsa is a real beauty,lovely condition and a full blade.

It must have took some time to assemble that lot.

Hope your well

Ian
eddymunster

Post by eddymunster »

Bill is the dream weaver.
https://youtu.be/xZKuzwPOefs
eddymunster

Post by eddymunster »

Thanks Ian. That Bonsa is sweet and that is another Bonsa beside it. It did take alot of time and I enjoyed the hunt. I am now also collecting vintage American spring steel. I don't see the shell pullers come up very often and they are $$$ and in need of help when they do.
MauserMachinist

Post by MauserMachinist »

On a side note, would anyone recommend a LePre? Or have any experience with them? Again, thank you to all of you for your wisdom, insight, and input. It is sincerely appreciated.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Eddy: Your collection of shell pullers is beyond amazing! Not only are they gorgeous, but also show the dedication, time and effort involved to acquire such a fine collection. Outstanding!
MauserMachinist: Here are a couple renditions of today's modern shell pullers that are, as Bill stated, not accurate, nowhere near the quality of the pieces Eddy has shared. The differences are obvious. Though fine knives in their own way (don't get me wrong). They are commonly available at reasonable prices. Just one of your options....(and, I like posting pictures lol)...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Hello Eddy,
Very cool 8) set of SPs.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Lepre knives are very fine quality.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.