Seeking info on a couple of INOX knives.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pook

Seeking info on a couple of INOX knives.

Post by Pook »

Hi All,

I am new here so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong section.

I have two INOX switchblades that have been passed down in my family, I know both belonged to my grandfather at one point who passed in the mid 60's.

One is 11" long when open and the other 9". The 9" has "M.ITALY INOX" stamped on the base of the blade, the 11" has "VIRGINIA INOX".

They both function well although the 9" is a bit snappier than the 11".

I'd enjoy knowing more about them so if anyone can give me an estimation on vintage, the back story on INOX and value that would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Pook

sammy the blade

Re: Seeking info on a couple of INOX knives.

Post by sammy the blade »

They look like pic Lock so that makes them before 60's, I think. Should be worth something if they work correctly and are original. Never know they could bring you some nice coin.
2024 candidate for president
Pook

Post by Pook »

Thanks for the reply Sammy. They both work perfectly and I assume original as I never did anything to them and I've had them for 40+ years.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Looks like someone attempted to sharpen them. These bayonet style blades were intended for stabbing, not slicing. They may had a slight edge put on them at the factory, but maybe not. The blade loss from the sharpening effort will negatively impact the value. Those here who have a better a handle on values can address this aspect in more detail. Good luck!
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

I have a 13" pick lock marked *exactly* the same way as yours. "M. Italy Inox" in an oval. I have no idea who made it, but it's interesting to know that it must be pretty old if the one you have belonged to your grandfather.
Pook

Post by Pook »

Thanks for the replies guys. Please keep them coming, my curiosity about these two blades continues to grow. Gunhawk, post a pic of your 13"er!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Gunhawk wrote:I have a 13" pick lock marked *exactly* the same way as yours. "M. Italy Inox" in an oval. I have no idea who made it, but it's interesting to know that it must be pretty old if the one you have belonged to your grandfather.
the M.Italy stamp was one of the many stamps used by the Mauro Mario company ran by Angelo Campolin back in 1940's and 50's
johnmunyiri3110

Post by johnmunyiri3110 »

helo are thoseknives smilar to gravity knives https://wildgearing.com/best-gravity-knives/

:( :(
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

johnmunyiri3110 wrote:helo are thoseknives smilar to gravity knives https://wildgearing.com/best-gravity-knives/

:( :(
Sure- both have handles, AND blades. Otherwise they are nothing alike.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

They might be the same color and if you hold them over your head and drop them gravity will take them to the ground.
2024 candidate for president