I Love My AGA Campolin Pick Locks

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DonC

Re: I Love My AGA Campolin Pick Locks

Post by DonC »

Thanks rock-n-roll$$$$$$.
DonC
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Howdy Don C,
You're catalogue of 13 inchers are quite nice. I love those 13" pick locks they did. The 11" they're putting out are swank too! But their 13" picklocks that old man Campolin released were the "shizzle" as they say. Apparently when they came over, 1 out of 2 were garbage. But about 6 or 7 years ago, someone got ahold of a bunch of the banana bladed ones and poor sprung ones, and "fixed" them. Brad was selling his last 4 at blade show about 4 years ago. My buddy bought one with solid white horn. Incidentally, the second one from right to left in your picture, use to be mine, and I still have an 11" swinger with the matching scales. :)
Awesome collection! (Also, the deep simple stamp... Wish they would've used that same stamp on the 11" ones.)
All the best,
C.Free
"Everyone is your neighbor."
DonC

Post by DonC »

C.Free: Thanks for the background on AGA's. I appreciate the info.
DonC
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Don:

I love my AGA Fishtail Picklock. These are great knives that require appropriate handling. I think that I'll use some Carnuba Wax on my back springs to prevent rust. I plan on carrying these and using them, unlike the display knives you have.

They are beautiful and deserve preservation.
Fishtail Picklock
john

Post by john »

Hi Don,
I missed this thread. Your collection is fabulous!
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
jordiway73

Post by jordiway73 »

I wish the 11' AGA offered more colors, esp Green!
DonC

Post by DonC »

Thanks for the compliment John. My interactions with you have been instrumental in building up what I've been able to acquire.
Jordway 73: Campolin has a wide variety of really good quality scales but I don't think they're set up to field requests for a specific material unless you're dealing with them outside of their web site.
DonC
Last edited by DonC on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thom

Post by thom »

I agree. I have 2 10" picklocks, 2 11" Wasp Body, 4 13" Wasp body, 2 Classic, 70th anniv and one of the new 13" Classic. They are all outstanding. The 10's and the 11's wasp bodies lacked in appearance of scales, but fast and feel great in hand. The 10" consistently jumps out of my hand, must have quick feet. The 11" Classic are the best bang for buck, period. 4mm spring shoots hard and the scales are top notch. Great price also. The 13" is very nice, not as nice as the Wasp bodies. Beautiful scales. Good deal for price.
I would love to get my hands on the 13's you have posted. They are really nice. Are those vintage (early 2000's) 11's as nice?
Thom
DonC

Post by DonC »

Only have a 70th Anniversary AGA in 11. Don't know if they made 11's earlier but I'm assuming they probably did. I just don't have one.
DonC