Walt's Brazilian Horn Wasp Body 13"

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MrAlba56745

Walt's Brazilian Horn Wasp Body 13"

Post by MrAlba56745 »

Hello

Newbie here and longtime knife enthusiast with a few questions about a stiletto I picked up. I was curious if anyone could identify the year and production run of this blade, I haven't had much luck finding info on it. I do know the blade isn't sharp. I don't mean it has a dull edge, it doesn't seem like an edge was put on it at all. Should I leave it that way, would having it professionally sharpened damage the collector value? And here's my OCD tendencies kicking in, there's a small discoloration to the right of the deployment button, it stands out against the cream white of the horn. My knowledge of horn scales is weak. Is this a natural occurrence in the pattern or is it perhaps minor damage?

Thanks in advance for time taken on some welcome feedback. Hoping the holidays treated you well.
Attachments
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG (487.21 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG (356.36 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG (385.26 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
Tom19176

Re: Walt's Brazilian Horn Wasp Body 13"

Post by Tom19176 »

If you are looking at this as a collection only then leave it as is with the factory finished blade ( not sharpened). The small dot in the horn is a natural occurrence and not damage per se. Of course it would be nicer without it, but it is not a true flaw.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Don't sharpen. with a 5mm bayo you will have a really hard time getting a good angle on her.. this baby is a jewel so keep it in a case! Very nice acquisition!

ps as a lifelong sufferer of debilitating OCD, let me just tell you that the more you feed into it the worse it gets lol
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

That's a beauty and highly sought after by many. I wouldn't change a thing! Wish I could help on the production year, sorry. Welcome to the forum.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
DonC

Post by DonC »

Nice example of a Walt's 13. Not rare but not a lot of them around either. Keep it as is to retain the collectable value.
DonC
MrAlba56745

Post by MrAlba56745 »

My thanks again for the feedback and the compliments. 53 is etched onto the inner brass liner, I think it's from within a bracket of the past five years, possibly 2013. I remember seeing and holding an Italian stiletto for the first time at the age of eleven, it was a black-handled swivel bolster in a souvenir shop at the hotel we were staying at in Rome. Love at first sight. Of course my parents wouldn't let me buy it. I think they were a bit irked, here I was being exposed to all these historical wonders like Vatican City and the Colosseum, but the one thing that truly snagged my complete attention was that switchblade :)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

MRALBA, PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Mr Alba,that is a beauty,I will just say never put a edge on any switchblade,hope that you find more,good luck.