A Unicorn ?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Raimondo

A Unicorn ?

Post by Raimondo »

I have had this knife quite a while and just kept it in a drawer I was doing a thorough cleaning of room I always knew it was not a common knife but didn't look much into it... Anyway I do believe it's an 11" Raimondo Picklock....With cow horn handle...The mechanism works flawless and the blade is cherry...There is very light surface rust on hilt and spine as well as a couple chips on both sides of handle but it's beautiful really..Blade has zero time on a stone and mirror finish..I only see Raimondo on the blade no other markings but from my gut instinct it's genuine...The closet one I see is on autoknife autoknifeDOTcom/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2480 If I graded that one a 9 I'd say mines a solid 7.. Will he really get 2500$ for that or just fishing ? I see others for 400-1000 but i did just read the horn handle is rarer..My only concern is lack of stamp on tang.? Pics included... Please help me determine value I am not a knife enthusiast and honestly I need the money but not bad enough to get my head knocked off.. Rghhh post pics in a min too big for here and win 10 bein shitty..
Raimondo

Re: A Unicorn ?

Post by Raimondo »

Pic..
Attachments
raimondo.jpg
raimondo.jpg (67.38 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Raimondo

Post by Raimondo »

DonC

Post by DonC »

Good looking classic. Leave it as is to retain it's value.
DonC
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great knife
I will leave it to the more knowleadgeable to throw a price out as there may be offers or good advice on where to sell by them.

Good luck and thanks for posting a picture.

Ian
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Nice knife, Raimondo is desirable stamp. I'll leave it to the experts to comment on it further.

I will say that the site you mentioned is not a good reference point for current value of knives. Highly inflated in most cases.
Raimondo

Post by Raimondo »

@mick17 I thought so, it seemed like they were just posting shit in with high hopes someone realllly wanted it or someone didnt know the value as it seems hard to actually pinpoint... Like most things whatever someone is willing to pay... I was thinking about ebay with minimum idk...
Raimondo

Post by Raimondo »

Thank you fellas I got a PM with info I was looking for and I greatly appreciate everyones time...
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Lovely classic. I appreciate it!
Fishtail Picklock