The Speed Hunter arrived today.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: The Speed Hunter arrived today.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

15 years ago I picked up some "case Queens" But I have pretty much given up on new knives that either can't, or won't, lend themselves to carry. About 1 1/2 years ago I bought a Queen #1L Stag Scale Swing guard that had been converted to automatic. The Queen escutcheon was made into the firing button! The beauty of this knife is its D2 tool steel blade. This is a great carry knife. (At about $300.00, it should be).

I recently acquired a "pouch" holster when I bought my Speed Hunter. The adjustable strap on the holster cover permits me to carry just about any knife I want, preventing loss and excessive corrosion (Leather is hygroscopic, while ballistic nylon isn't). It helps me carry my Buck 110 Auto and avoid excess tarnishing of the brass bolsters.

There is a "method to my madness".
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Deleted
Last edited by JulesVane on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Honest wear is not only a badge of honor, it adds character.
Fish, I’m guessing, but I’m pretty sure we all own a knife that was used and possibly abused and we’d all like to know it’s history.

JulesVane wrote: John: I really like your custom Speed Hunter. The way you did away with the lanyard hole at the bottom of the scales. But, did you also add the swedge grind to the blade? It's nice! Mine doesn't have that...
Thank you Jules,your SH looks awesome. No, I didn’t add the swedge to this knife. But, it’s easy to do; I’ve done many.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Post deleted.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Abusing a knife pains me. I abhor blade abuse! A blade that sees years of honest, daily use is another matter entirely. A slightly worn spot on the blade or nick in the horn of the scale shows that the knife has been used for its intent. It is a tool, for goodness sake, not the Crown Jewels of England.

A Buck 110 Elite (auto) shouldn't be stuck in a display case and discussed as if it were a pet rock.

Geeze Louise, people. GET A GRIP ON REALITY!
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

IMG_2128.JPG
IMG_2128.JPG (46.32 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
A few non auto ones!
Fishtail Picklock

Tom19176 wrote:
IMG_2128.JPG