Just ordered a Ganzo Firebird 7582-BK

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Just ordered a Ganzo Firebird 7582-BK

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

This is the Firebird with G10 handle scales. It rides tip-up and has the drop-point blade that will be useful. The price? FastTech is shipping it to me for $18.31. The fun and utility that's provided by these knives are great! :D

The wait begins. :roll:
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Just ordered a Ganzo Firebird 7582-BK

Thanks for the rousing response.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The 7582 is a copy of a protech tr4. You're gonna like it and you can move the pocket clip to tip up or down. As I said, you're gonna like it!
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Thanks, Sammy. I don't know what people have against the Ganzo line. Granted, I'm not thrilled with the fact that they're manufactured in China, but I'll take a good, stout, 440C steel blade that's been tempered to 58Rc, regardless of its origin. Quality is quality. A well-manufactured knife at a decent price is a marvelous thing. The steel quality may not have the quality of Pro-Tech, but the loss of a Ganzo knife won't break your heart, either. Thie fit and finish of the Ganzo line are generally top-notch. (By the way, Sammy, I love the "tip-up" orientation of the knife as it is). It should be as nice as my G-719 and it will likely be as hard a worker as my forthcoming G-7471-BK.

The two-day silence on this thread was confusing. It seems that the Italian, German and American knives are the only specimens that appear to generate any excitement.

I did my homework before I ordered my knives. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Form follows function and Ganzo, while a simple copy, makes perfect sense. They may have to be sharpened more frequently, but the knives work and carry well. What's not to like?

Thanks.
Fishtail Picklock