Coming from FastTech...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Coming from FastTech...

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

a brand-new 2017 (i'm sure) Ganzo Model G-7471-BK automatic knife! This "pocket" auto sports a 3 1/2" Bowie-style 440C steel blade and has a "tip down" pocket clip. (Not my favorite clip orientation, but it holds the implement in place. I adore the Bowie style blade! This knife won't ever be confused with a typical "Italian" stiletto. Its G10 scales provide purchase in poor weather conditions and resist degradation from chemical exposure.

The best part about this knife is, (wait for it)... the price! $19.08 shipped from Hong Kong, China. I may have to wait for three weeks, but who cares? It is worth every penny and should render yeoman service for years to come.

Life is good! :mrgreen: 8)
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: Coming from Fasttech...

Post by sammy the blade »

Congratulations, I have a couple of those and they are a little heavy but a very nice knife, especially for the money! Well worth twice the price.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

sammy the blade wrote:Congratulations, I have a couple of those and they are a little heave but a very nice knife, especially for the money! Well worth twice the price.
Thank you, sir. I know Ian will be envious. (I wish that I could ship him one of these, he would love it). As you said, these knives are a tad on the heavy side, but well worth the prices and extra effort to own. I have a feeling that this will wind up riding in my sports coat pocket a great deal of the time.

They are like Lays potato chips. Its hard to stop at one! :D
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

You should get a 707. They copied, clones, or ripped off the protech don. It's unbelievable for $20
Fishtail Picklock

The Ganzo 707 is fine. It weighs 5.1499 ounces and might work for my intended application (shirt pocket carry). It also might be a bit heavy for that purpose. I like the concept of shirt pocket carry because it lends itself to immediate deployment. It could also be dropped in my sports jacket pocket (a darned convenient place) for defensive carry. :wink:

The steel in the Ganzo line is quite good for the price paid. My G-719-BK is a great sports jacket pocket carry. The "tip-up" carry makes it great for sliding it into my slacks pocket. I'll give the G-707 a "look see" and think about adding it to my PD carry rotation.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

If your wanting a carry knife the 7211 or 7212 are what I edc. The 707 I think is just a cool switch and for $20 you can't beat it. Wouldn't think it would be that great a user but everyone I showed mine too was impressed with it.
Fishtail Picklock

Sports jacket pocket carry is the primary reason that I ordered the G-7471-BK. The Bowie-style blade makes light work of light to medium level cutting tasks. The full belly and decent steel made my decision an easy one.

I'll take a look at the Ganzo G-7211 and G-7212.

Thanks.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Sammy: After a long look at the G-7211 and G-7212 I have decided against it (for this month). This is because I,

a) bought the 1997 AKC Cocobolo wood-scaled, Fishtail Pick Lock, and

b) ordered the G-7471-BK (today).

Perhaps next month.
Fishtail Picklock
john

Re: Coming from FastTech...

Post by john »

The Ganzo is an awesome knife. I own three models each one is amazing for the money you CANNOT go wrong.

I sell them at my local high school for $50.00...just kidding.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Coming from FastTech...

The G-707 is great for:

a) opening letters,
b) opening a thug
c) cutting up fruit
d) dating Rosie Odonnel (someone has to "pare the fat").
e) other small jobs that can be dealt with by using a straight, sharp edge and a needle-type point.
Fishtail Picklock