Best carry in a OTF double action?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
VOSGTC

Best carry in a OTF double action?

Post by VOSGTC »

I’m lookin for a decent quality DA/OTF for daily carry. Small enough for concealment in the front pocket of pants. Really don’t want to go over a buck and a half.

There seems to be a lot of talk of the AKC F-16. Should I just buy 3-4 of those and replace as needed.
VOSGTC
Votin’ Out Spoken Gun Totin’ Conservative
JulesVane

Re: Best carry in a OTF double action?

Post by JulesVane »

Though I don't carry mine, I really like it and it's passed the test with other members. 3 of them would get you to the buck and a half mark.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
trentu

Post by trentu »

Might try an AKC 077 concord. Nice everyday carry for about $90.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The Concord is not a very good knife imo. For a knife you can actually use to cut something you are probably better off with the F-16 or even a $40 Lightning.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

whippersnapper wrote:The Concord is not a very good knife imo. For a knife you can actually use to cut something you are probably better off with the F-16 or even a $40 Lightning.
The Lightning is an inexpensive D/A OTF made in Taiwan The clip point blade is utilitarian. The F-16 is a good knife. While the blade is 440A steel and is a bayonet-type blade, mine seems to stay sharp. (I normally wouldn't recommend a bayonet blade for an EDC knife, mine seems to be working well).

There's an exception to every rule. These blades seem to be that exception.
Fishtail Picklock