Rizzuto 11 inch

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
VOSGTC

Rizzuto 11 inch

Post by VOSGTC »

I while back iI acquired an 11 inch. It is marked on the blade body RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO and at the tango it is marked STAINLESS STEEL. It has the black handle, silver colored bolsters, and brass push button and sliding safety. All operational.

Like lots of others on this site, I had the Korean knock off as a teen. I am somewhat confused with the term Japan model.

Can anyone help with an approximate year of manufacture? Value?

Working on getting pics up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og64snaogn5b4 ... 9.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6ogm5oucptgg ... 0.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fja0fxx5cwac3 ... 1.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g5rhxa4wm9d1 ... 2.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldgqu39wxobnq ... 3.JPG?dl=0
VOSGTC
Votin’ Out Spoken Gun Totin’ Conservative
JimBrown257

Re: Rizzuto 11 inch

Post by JimBrown257 »

That is one of the original 60s-80s Japanese ones. Yours is actually a someone rare one as it has the single scale pin at the backspring and those weird guards that are a hybrid of Batwings and Mustache guards (that is the only model that has those guards). It also has a smooth bail instead of the Decorative bail like most Rizzutos. It looks like it sits pretty well but it seems like the blade might be sharpened. If you put it on a knife auction site, you would get about $150, but maybe less for the sharpened blades. If you put it on Ebay, you'd get more, potentially a lot more, but what people are bidding on Ebay for autos right now isn't a good reflection of actual worth.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I've been wondering why the single scale pins on some Rizzy models. Very interesting.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Those single pin ones (most are 11"s like the OP knife but there are some 9s with the single pin) have four tabs on each liner and the scale snaps onto them. The problem with this is that if the scale needs to be taken off, the plastic snap on parts of the scale usually break off. Here is a set of one-pin scales I got somewhere and you can see where the snaps were (but aren't now) at the top and bottom. Those glued on safety securing pieces are not original to the knife. I'm guessing that whoever had this one took it off to put those safety things on and realized they broke it when taking the scales off. Unfortunately, with the snaps missing, using these scales is going to be real tough.

The large Korean knives also have that single pin for the backspring but those are different scales that go under the bolsters so they don't have the snaps.

One other thing that is interesting about the OP RIzzuto is it is a bigger knife than any other Rizzuto. If you see one of these ones next to any other 11" model, the handle is notably wider and thicker. Not a lot thicker but enough to notice.
Attachments
White scales.JPG
White scales.JPG (50.08 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here is a 9" version of the one-pin. Based on what I have seen, the 9" is much more rare. Notice it has the same hybrid guards, flat top bolster and non-Decorative bail.
Attachments
9 Inch Batwing.jpg
9 Inch Batwing.jpg (60.99 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I had to compare mine. (Jeremy being familiar with the white one). Sure does appear the single pin example to be larger. Wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't brought it to our attention. Great info.!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
VOSGTC

Post by VOSGTC »

FYI The Rizzuto sold on ebay for $174.50, shipped.
VOSGTC
Votin’ Out Spoken Gun Totin’ Conservative
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Pretty knives. Great for either motion pictures or gang warfare. ;)
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I'll take motion pictures for $50 please.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Funny, Sammy. Very funny! :P :mrgreen:
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Thanks Fish.
2024 candidate for president