Best auction site to use?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
trentu

Best auction site to use?

Post by trentu »

In your guys opinion what's the best auction site to use to get a good deal on a nato military? I guess any autos really. Thank you.
JimBrown257

Re: Best auction site to use?

Post by JimBrown257 »

If you are talking about selling it, you'd get the best return on Ebay...if it doesn't get pulled. Otherwise, just put it on SD. Though, things have been slow lately. I think I speak for most unbiased collectors when I say that I'd like to see the various auto auction sites combine their efforts.

If you are trying to find one, you'd do best to watch all the sites. It's not a rare knife but it is still most likely going to be a wait until one turns up on any site. Actually, you'd probably find one faster by just posting a WTB here and/or on Bladeforums. I think the SD auction site has a "looking for" feature now but I don't know if many people are checking it.
trentu

Post by trentu »

Thanks. Looking to buy one. I'll just keep looking at your suggested sites and see what turns up.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'll keep an eye out. And you should definitely post the WTB in the Buy & Sell section as I think a lot of collectors just check there when they come here.

Was there a particular one you are looking for?
trentu

Post by trentu »

Thanks. I'll do that. Looking for a pinned silver one with black handles. Had one in the 80's that was stolen one night from my car. Seeing some of the pics on here really brought back how much I liked that thing.
VOSGTC

Post by VOSGTC »

What is “SD” ?
VOSGTC
Votin’ Out Spoken Gun Totin’ Conservative
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

The Sharper Deals auction site. It's been pretty slow there recently but it generally has the widest variety of stuff.
http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... tion=index

One thing I would recommend it paying attention to the sellers that list lots of stuff there and contact them about the NATO.