JC Shell Puller Replacement Blade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
trentu

JC Shell Puller Replacement Blade

Post by trentu »

Hi everyone. I have finally got around to putting my Johnny Cade Shell puller kit together but it came with a clip point blade. Do any of you know a source for one besides switchbladeparts? Thank you very much. I think the kit is an AKC.
JimBrown257

Re: JC Shell Puller Replacement Blade

Post by JimBrown257 »

The only way you could get a different blade for that would be to have it made. Unless it's really important to you, it's going to be cost-prohibitive.
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

send me a private e-mail I might be able to help with a blade
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Those are Chinese made "kits."
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

He never said he bought it from roadside import or his switchblade parts kit web sight how would you know it's made in china without even seeing it ?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Just a hunch.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
trentu

Post by trentu »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Those are Chinese made "kits."
Did AKC have the kits made in China?
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I've forwarded packages to roadside imports from Angelo in Italy in the past so I know for a fact he get parts from him but he also has stuff from China and every ware else that makes automatic knives in the world . a picture would be the only way to tell which knife you have although the china made leverlocks usually have a screw to hold down center sear spring in the middle of the knife instead of a pin also the shell pullers are flat on the Chinese made knives
trentu

Post by trentu »

I'm just going to order the blade from switchbladeparts and hope all the horror stories are false internet stories. Hope to post pics of my dream JC knife. Thanks everyone.
P.S No screw on the spring. :) Not flat. Cast bolsters and guard. :)
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I've ordered a few things from there with out any problems so it should be OK . the ACK blades he sells look legit to me .
trentu

Post by trentu »

Hope so. This build means a lot to me. A personal build in memory with a joke from a military buddy I served with. It was our favorite movie but the movie clip meant a bunch and the knife scene meant even more. If I can't pull off making one, I will buy one. Thanks everyone!
Trent
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

masaro lever lock AKC parts shown below . I've looked at knifeparts web sight and the blade's he is selling are Italian ACK ones from Angelo .
Attachments
100_0484.JPG
100_0484.JPG (603.52 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

picture of Chinese DH gate shell puller as often seen listed on e-bay listed as made in Italy.
Attachments
pocket-italy-akc-shell-puller-knife-7-inch-cutting-tool-camping-utility-outdoor-gear-knife-multi-tool-kit-f4l.jpg
pocket-italy-akc-shell-puller-knife-7-inch-cutting-tool-camping-utility-outdoor-gear-knife-multi-tool-kit-f4l.jpg (82.31 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
trentu

Post by trentu »

wicollector wrote:picture of Chinese DH gate shell puller as often seen listed on e-bay listed as made in Italy.
Not this one. The one I have must be good quality. Hopefully the blade I bought finishes the Johnny Cade dream. I know it is just a cheap knife but when some people ask you guys for help you have no idea what it means to family and friends. Thank you so very much and God Speed!
john

Post by john »

Hi trentu,
Please post photos of the finished knife.
Can’t wait,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed