The Knock off of a Rizzy

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: The Knock off of a Rizzy

Post by JimBrown257 »

JulesVane wrote:So that's what that bulge at the bottom bolster is? A "peak reducing liner thing". I always wondered why that was that way!
Yeah, it's pretty funny. Actually, the funniest part is that they put the peak-reducer on the version that rarely peaks.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Tom19176 wrote: marked Bell Metal Company Korea.
So those cheaper ones, like in those pics, are Korean? I had wondered about that because the cheaper ones never have "Korea" on the blade or guards. For some reason I had the idea that some other country was making a cheaper version of the Korean one.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...all my watchlist Rizzys have mysteriously vanished. Strange how they randomly get pulled like that.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
morrissey

Post by morrissey »

JulesVane wrote:...all my watchlist Rizzys have mysteriously vanished. Strange how they randomly get pulled like that.
Yep, I noticed that as well.

We had a great run on eBay there for a few weeks where vintage autos were not being pulled. Actually, some of them lasted the full seven days on auction. However, now things are getting back to norm, when vintage stilettos are being pulled within 24 hours. Who knows, maybe the person who is in charge of monitoring these listings was on vacation. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Never a dull moment in this hobby. :wink:
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

BTW, the word is "peek". Peak is the top of a hill or mountain. Peek comes from peeking, or "peek-a-boo".

Blessings.
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:BTW, the word is "peek". Peak is the top of a hill or mountain. Peek comes from peeking, or "peek-a-boo".

Blessings.
LMAO!...I was using "peek", until I saw more experienced members using "peak"...Go figure! lol

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

JulesVane wrote:
Fishtail Picklock wrote:BTW, the word is "peek". Peak is the top of a hill or mountain. Peek comes from peeking, or "peek-a-boo".

Blessings.
LMAO!...I was using "peek", until I saw more experienced members using "peak"...Go figure! lol
I was a Speech Communication Major in college. For me, it is akin to dragging your nails across a slate chalkboard.
Fishtail Picklock
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I always thought it should be "peak" because the blade tip was climbing upwards and had surpassed the peak of the liner. So "the tip crossed the peak" became "peaked". It doesn't seem like "peek" works as well because it would imply a quick up then back down. With the tip coming up and staying there, it would be more of a stare than a peek. I guess "peak" doesn't work that well either because the peak is supposed to be the limit to which one can climb. So if it passed that point, that point couldn't be the peak.

Although, with "peaked" we'll have coined a new verb. Maybe if we use it enough the dictionary people will agree to list it as an official word.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

A NEW production 7cm Italian keychain (2-3 yrs. old) just sold for $82 with almost 30 bids.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

TazmanTom wrote:A NEW production 7cm Italian keychain (2-3 yrs. old) just sold for $82 with almost 30 bids.
Tom...I must not know if these are "rare" or not, but it's just amazing the prices going on lately! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25333

TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

This is the same one I saw, somebody must have gone nuts in the last minutes. The new listing removes the "Vintage" from the heading after I emailed her. She didn't edit it before it closed though...That's bad for all of us.
trentu

Post by trentu »

You got my hopes up on this post. Thought someone was selling new ones! :D
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

trentu wrote:You got my hopes up on this post. Thought someone was selling new ones! :D
"New" Rizzys or keychains?

trentu

Post by trentu »

JulesVane wrote:
trentu wrote:You got my hopes up on this post. Thought someone was selling new ones! :D
"New" Rizzys or keychains?
New Rizzys.