The new lower-cost AGA F-16 D/A OTF stilettos.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: The new lower-cost AGA F-16 D/A OTF stilettos.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

P.S. The matte-aluminum handle, rubberized inserts, and brushed 440A stainless steel blade give it the "Asian" feel that everyone seems to be discussing. If someone would be kind enough to ask Armando Beltrame the source of these little gems, I would appreciate it.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for the update. The dealer is top notch. I like the looks of the knife! I truly think they are Asian, but that is not meant as a negative thing.....Keep us updated!
Fishtail Picklock

It is a fun knife (the D/A OTF knives are always a hoot for play). The action is quite firm and can result in a sore thumb if you keep playing with the knife's action. I'll keep coming back with more particulars as time goes on.
Fishtail Picklock
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi guys i have put this knife to the test so to speak , i have flicked it in an out over 500 times now with no problems , the blade is great for cutting rope cutting bags open etc.. i really like it as a EDC comes in hand whenever i need it and the blade is dam near razor sharp , a great "cutting" knife for sure. really cool as few times i cut pet food bags open and didnt want to keep blade open for other bags i was cutting open so pull back switch and back in handle blade went keeping me safe from cutting myself . awesome knife if you get a black one be aware you drop it at night time you will be hard pressed to find it lol trust me already been there and did it .
Fishtail Picklock

METALGOD wrote:Hi guys i have put this knife to the test so to speak , i have flicked it in an out over 500 times now with no problems , the blade is great for cutting rope cutting bags open etc.. i really like it as a EDC comes in hand whenever i need it and the blade is dam near razor sharp , a great "cutting" knife for sure. really cool as few times i cut pet food bags open and didnt want to keep blade open for other bags i was cutting open so pull back switch and back in handle blade went keeping me safe from cutting myself . awesome knife if you get a black one be aware you drop it at night time you will be hard-pressed to find it lol trust me already been there and did it .
That is good news! Since the blade is 440A (and apparently a properly hardened alloy of the brand). The knife can confidently ride in my front slacks pocket so that I can call upon it for light-duty cutting tasks. :mrgreen:

Thanks, METALGOD, this D/A OTF from AKC can be considered money well spent. 8)
Fishtail Picklock
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:
METALGOD wrote:Hi guys i have put this knife to the test so to speak , i have flicked it in an out over 500 times now with no problems , the blade is great for cutting rope cutting bags open etc.. i really like it as a EDC comes in hand whenever i need it and the blade is dam near razor sharp , a great "cutting" knife for sure. really cool as few times i cut pet food bags open and didnt want to keep blade open for other bags i was cutting open so pull back switch and back in handle blade went keeping me safe from cutting myself . awesome knife if you get a black one be aware you drop it at night time you will be hard-pressed to find it lol trust me already been there and did it .
That is good news! Since the blade is 440A (and apparently a properly hardened alloy of the brand). The knife can confidently ride in my front slacks pocket so that I can call upon it for light-duty cutting tasks. :mrgreen:

Thanks, METALGOD, this D/A OTF from AKC can be considered money well spent. 8)

yep for the cost its pretty good deal and you said it (light -duty cutting) i wouldnt try using it for anything heavy-duty , the blade seems to keep a good edge and is very sharp , for everyday light duty cutting tasks its great knife and cheap enough if you loose it or destroy it just get another one :lol: but all in all pretty good knife .
Fishtail Picklock

I took mine out today and helped some people cut Scotch tape and open packages. It worked and people smiled at it.

Merry Christmans
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Hooray, hooray! The AKC F-16 is a genuine Armando Beltrame knife from Italy! (Just make sure that you buy from a reputable dealer so that you don't get slipped a fake). Arthas messaged me and told me to spread the word so that everyone will be on the lookout for phony copies.

"Caveat emptor." (Let the buyer beware).
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I BOUGHT 5 LAST MONTH, BEFORE THE CHINA ESE CUD TOOL UP. LOL
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

TRYKER wrote:I BOUGHT 5 LAST MONTH, BEFORE THE CHINA ESE CUD TOOL UP. LOL
You devil, you! :wink: :D
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Tryker do you like them?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Tom19176 wrote:Tryker do you like them?
tom i do, i got a black one to play with and so far i'm happy with it, the other 4, red,white,blue, and a black with wood like insert have been tucked away in the underwear draw.
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:
TRYKER wrote:I BOUGHT 5 LAST MONTH, BEFORE THE CHINA ESE CUD TOOL UP. LOL
You devil, you! :wink: :D
hahahahahahahah (with an evil grin ) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TRYKER

Fishtail Picklock

TRYKER wrote:
Tom19176 wrote:Tryker do you like them?
tom i do, i got a black one to play with and so far i'm happy with it, the other 4, red,white,blue, and a black with wood like insert have been tucked away in the underwear drawer.
I'd be careful about sticking them in my underwear. An accidental opening could prove painful. :shock:
Fishtail Picklock
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

What does Armando Beltrame have to do with these knives?
They are Campolin branded.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.