Hubertus Model I.D.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Hubertus Model I.D.

Post by JulesVane »

Hi all...Bought these 2 approx. 2006. The Guardian model is surely easy to spot, but the other model looks like so many other Hubertus knives, I can't pin it down. It's 4.5" closed and 8" open. In an effort to search the value, would anyone know what the model is actually called? The Guardian has a solid, mild snap. But, the larger one is super fast. Thanks for any input...

And, of course, each a touch of the "peek"...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
mick17

Re: Hubertus Model I.D.

Post by mick17 »

I love those Guardians, I hope to own one sometime.

They need to make an 11" model.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The one in question is commonly called the 12 CM model.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

JulesVane wrote:The Guardian has a solid, mild snap.
That's unusual.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Pat. For some reason, I have not been that attracted to Hubertus. Not sure what it is though. Maybe just "oddballs" in my Italian collection. They certainly function well (besides the common blade peek issues). No matter how many times I've read Bill's posts on fixes and his videos, I have had no luck with the fix and not enough enthusiasm to send them out. I have Bill's Leverletto (which is similar to the "12 CM"), and I love that piece. So, again, not sure why not much love for the Hubertus model.
Bill, thank you. 12 CM model? Naturally, my first thoughts go toward 12 cm in length, but we know that can't be. So, it gives me a new start to search for any info. I can find on this piece. Thanks again!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

JimBrown257 wrote:
That's unusual.
Unusual Jeremy? The Guardian locks up tight, fires not exactly "weak", but compared to the "12 CM" (as Bill described the model), it's very mild.

gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Julesvane

They are a lovely pair of hubies 8)

I have always heard the straight hubies refferred to as 12cm types...there was 14cm referred to as a slimline( if i am not mistaken )when i first began collecting.

I have no Guardians unfortunately but was told or read here that they can have various problems .
Yours is a good knife if it opens well and locks up nicely ,so keep hold of it. :)

I love the leverlocks ,not as graceful /stylish as the italians but great well made knives in their own right and the shellpullers are the best imho.

regards
Ian
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

12 CM closed.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

JulesVane wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:
That's unusual.
Unusual Jeremy? The Guardian locks up tight, fires not exactly "weak", but compared to the "12 CM" (as Bill described the model), it's very mild.
Usually, Guardians fire pretty well. But Hubertus springs do like to break so the spring could be a replacement.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bill DeShivs wrote:12 CM closed.
Ahh...okay Thanks Bill. Now, that makes sense.

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Hubertus uses: 8, 9,10, 11,12, and 14 CM as their size designations.
The 9CM is the old "cigar" pattern. 8,10, & 11 are the standard "Springer" leverlocks. The larger 14CM is the big-usually kris-bladed model.
john

Post by john »

Those are two wicked cool knives. The stag on them is awesome. I really like the 12 cm the slim design and the squared off bottom bolster give it that way Cool look.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I like the 12 cm. Great tool.
Fishtail Picklock