Any input on the New Buck 110 Autos?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Any input on the New Buck 110 Autos?

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have heard nothing but good about them. There is but one change I would make about their auto... I would have them install their S30V steel blade That's it. The best 110 ever conceived. Fast, razor-sharp, reliable and guaranteed for life. What more can one ask? 8)
Fishtail Picklock
lance

Re: Any input on the New Buck 110 Autos?

Post by lance »

I have a couple different version of the 110 buck conversions.they're pretty usefuf for an everyday carry imo and its kinda inconspicuous as people have been wearing em round here on their belt forever.
Fishtail Picklock

The beauty of the factory 110 Auto is that it isn't a conversion. Since it comes from the factory as an auto it is guaranteed for life.
Fishtail Picklock
lance

Post by lance »

A 110 buck manual was one of the greatest gifts i ever got from my dad at 12.on Christmas.
And ofcourse i completely ruined it like only a 12yr old boy can...but in those days gone by i ased to flick my wrist w that ol girl and just dream if it were only a REAL AUTO!!! Lol an when i accually got one nicely done and just new an perfect snap!! That mean lil f&@#er in me was in heaven!! I know it aint the best auto around but i love the ones that are put together w love!! Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.its enhancement imho,not vandalism.
john

Post by john »

I hear the factory autos are awesome. I have a conversion it’s out of this world and a couple manuals. They’re all wicked cool!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I have 2 of the factory autos. One springs open fast and locks up but has a little side to side play. The second one opens a little less enthusiastically and locks up with no side to side play. As for conversions I've owned a few of them. All but one failed the same way. The pin that retains the spring either bends or breaks off leaving the knife useless until you remove the spring all together. The one that hasn't failed sits in a drawer in the open position. The sad thing is nobody will repair them.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Fishtail Picklock

I'll eventually buy one of the "off the rack" Buck 110 Autos. It makes for a great carry knife and nobody gives a Buck 110 holster (either Leather or Nylon web) a second look. (Maybe I can get them to put an S30V blade in it for me).

Hot stuff, kids!
Fishtail Picklock
lance

Post by lance »

The ebony scale one is the one i have and fell in love with
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

T'was a cool story, Lance... growing up in a liberal family in arguably the most liberal state in the country, the most I ever could expect was a Victorinox for x-mas, not that there's anything wrong with those, but... you know... any regular on this forum has an obsession that cannot be sated even by top-quality Swiss cutlery :twisted: I spent many an hour in my youth wishing the shield symbol was a button that would deploy the blade lightning fast... perhaps one day we will see a similar conversion, though it's unlikely.

The conversion Buck 110's I've handled at knife shows all seemed to have weaker springs, and, although they deployed fully every time, the "cool" factor was almost non-existent for me. I haven't had the opportunity to handle the "factory" autos yet but look forward to doing so... however this will have to take place at a knife show or something because the conversion 110's kinda turned me off the whole thing.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Fishtail Picklock

I'd adore a set of Dark Horn scales on a 110 Auto. I have a "round button" conversion but want a factory 110 Auto They will always keep it in good repair. This is what makes it worth having.
Fishtail Picklock
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Just got one of these and it is exactly what you’d think it is. Opens with authority and locks up tight. The leather sheath has an extra piece of leather inside, up against the back of the snap. Overall, Very nicely done.

I had one of the early conversions. I never used it for anything but it was also pretty slick.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

but in those days gone by i ased to flick my wrist w that ol girl and just dream if it were only a REAL AUTO!!!
Lol, I did the same thing with an old manual when I was a kid. I actually had that same knife converted later when I found someone who could do it.
lance

Post by lance »

Oh god how i used to daydream and scheme when i discovered the edege co. Catalog,! Sitting in the woods wrist flicking;opening my 110,flippin through them pages,thinkin someday ill have em All!! An ill be dammed if i aint had em all twice!! And im still Just as facinated by them as i was as a kid!! Love this hobby!!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Did you ever pull the comb out of a switchcomb and wedge an actual blade in thing that was holding the comb?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim I knew a kid that took the comb out and put in the razor blades that were slim and made it into a switch razor....He would squeeze them in a vice . Amazing what was done by kids back in the 70s....lol....There were a ton of manual stilettos out there that kids loosened enough to flick open