Help identifying switchblade maker

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jxr1197

Help identifying switchblade maker

Post by jxr1197 »

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help identifying a switchblade I've had for a while. I collect old pocket knives and this wound up with me along the way. It's the only auto I own and I just like knowing as much as I can about every knife I have. So...

It's an Italian-style stiletto measuring 8.75" with dark (probably synthetic) horn handles. You can't see it in the pics so good but up close the dark handles have brown-gray streaks running through them. It releases via swivel bolster and the whole knife is actually very tight and well made. The tang is only stamped with the INOX mark and the reverse tang has "WT" on it.

Thanks,
Jason
afront.jpg
afront.jpg (879.05 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
aback.jpg
aback.jpg (871.58 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
atang.jpg
atang.jpg (799.19 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Belmont800

Re: Help identifying switchblade maker

Post by Belmont800 »

Looks like a late 60's / 70's dark horn (real cow horn) bolster release swedge-style blade. Beltrame-made perhaps? Made it Italy. The WT is anew one on me. INOX = Stainless Steel.
Belmont800
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

I never would have guessed it was that old. Great info - thanks!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Dan, what makes you think that is from the 60s or 70s? It seems like the front bolster is not lined and the button looks like a modern one.

Jxr, when you look in the handle between the the button and the sear, do you see any D shaped cutouts on the front liner?