italian-switchblade-molise-knife-cm-34-L.-Floris

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sardinian Knives

italian-switchblade-molise-knife-cm-34-L.-Floris

Post by Sardinian Knives »

http://www.sardinianknives.us/sardinian ... loris.html
Italian switchblade molise knife cm 34 L. Floris

Handle : Camel Bone Scales

Blade : carbon steel

This knife has a powerful spring and pops open with authority
Attachments
luxe 5.jpg
luxe 5.jpg (508.01 KiB) Viewed 3719 times
luxe 1.jpg
luxe 1.jpg (511.28 KiB) Viewed 3719 times
tophatjohnny

Re: italian-switchblade-molise-knife-cm-34-L.-Floris

Post by tophatjohnny »

What a beautiful beast right there!!! Wow!!!!! :shock:
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Are these still being made ?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Vlad wrote:Are these still being made ?
YES THEY ARE.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

TRYKER wrote:
YES THEY ARE.
Where can one get them for a better price...? :roll:
Last edited by Luke_of_Mass on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hey , just a couple of questions :
1) Do any of these models come with a safety ? I keep a Switchblade in my pocket , and the last thing l want is for it to pop open in my pocket ( this phenomenon has happened to me before with other switchblades that lack safeties)
2) What do they mean by "Secondary cutting edge " ?
Is the blade sharpened on both sides like a dagger ?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:
TRYKER wrote:
YES THEY ARE.
Where can one get them for a better price...? :roll:
Nowhere, Sardinian Knives (Antonio Lentini) is the sole supplier, and Lelle Floris is the only maker. You can get copies in a similar style, but not this exact one. See my previous posts:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24662

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24689
Last edited by ILikeStilettos on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Vlad wrote:Hey , just a couple of questions :
1) Do any of these models come with a safety ? I keep a Switchblade in my pocket , and the last thing l want is for it to pop open in my pocket ( this phenomenon has happened to me before with other switchblades that lack safeties)
Generally they are too large to carry and none have safeties. In the bad old days they were carried in a special pocket in coat or vest for rapid employment. The top edge is not fully sharpened, never is even on a dagger grind. That edge is still exposed when the knife is closed and locked, so it could cut. Also, that's the edge where you put pressure to cock the kicker. I have one dagger where the maker accidentally made that edge too thin, and I have to use a cloth or leather pad to close it. I have one design with a fully sharpened edge on part of the back, but that means you have to put your thumb in a special place, also the fan part of the handle covers the edge when closed ... it's weird looking.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Vlad wrote:Hey , just a couple of questions :
Generally they are too large to carry and none have safeties. In the bad old days they were carried in a special pocket in coat or vest for rapid employment. The top edge is not fully sharpened, never is even on a dagger grind. That edge is still exposed when the knife is closed and locked, so it could cut. Also, that's the edge where you put pressure to cock the kicker. I have one dagger where the maker accidentally made that edge too thin, and I have to use a cloth or leather pad to close it. I have one design with a fully sharpened edge on part of the back, but that means you have to put your thumb in a special place, also the fan part of the handle covers the edge when closed ... it's weird looking.
Oh :( It's a real shame about the lack of safety . In my country , we can actually legally carry switchblades ( regardless of size ) and use them like regular pocket knives . I would definitely like to carry one of these if they came with a safety .
I mean , it's made with carbon steel so it could definitely take and hold a razor sharp edge , thanks to the thin blade profile .
However , considering that l had one of the pockets of my Gucci suit torn after a switchblade ( without a safety) opened inside my pocket , the last thing l want to do , is carry a switchblade without a safety .
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Vlad wrote:Oh :( It's a real shame about the lack of safety . In my country , we can actually legally carry switchblades ( regardless of size ) and use them like regular pocket knives . I would definitely like to carry one of these if they came with a safety .
I mean , it's made with carbon steel so it could definitely take and hold a razor sharp edge , thanks to the thin blade profile .
However , considering that l had one of the pockets of my Gucci suit torn after a switchblade ( without a safety) opened inside my pocket , the last thing l want to do , is carry a switchblade without a safety .
Well, I could design you something with a safety and a carbon steel blade (1095), just let me know how big overall and generally the shape of blade you'd like.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Vlad wrote:Oh :( It's a real shame about the lack of safety . In my country , we can actually legally carry switchblades ( regardless of size ) and use them like regular pocket knives . I would definitely like to carry one of these if they came with a safety .
Well, I could design you something with a safety and a carbon steel blade (1095), just let me know how big overall and generally the shape of blade you'd like.
Wow :D thank you , sir ! Let me make up my mind regarding the specifications and l shall pm you
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Sir , concerning the Lelle Floris knife ;
How good is the heat treatment on the blade ? You mentioned in our of your previous posts , that it comes sharp but how long does it stay sharp and is it easy to Sharpen ?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Vlad wrote:Sir , concerning the Lelle Floris knife ;
How good is the heat treatment on the blade ? You mentioned in our of your previous posts , that it comes sharp but how long does it stay sharp and is it easy to Sharpen ?
It came sharp enough to slice through my tshirt and my belly when I had it at a slight angle and fired it (just a scratch, but about 1.5" long). I collect knives, you're asking questions like this was a Case pocketknife. These are valuable collector knives and lose worth if you attempt to sharpen them or use them like ordinary knives. If you want something to use and re-sharpen, suggest you get a Microtech, Case, or any modern tactical. This will be a third of the price.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Vlad wrote:Sir , concerning the Lelle Floris knife ;
It came sharp enough to slice through my tshirt and my belly when I had it at a slight angle and fired it (just a scratch, but about 1.5" long). I collect knives, you're asking questions like this was a Case pocketknife. These are valuable collector knives and lose worth if you attempt to sharpen them or use them like ordinary knives. If you want something to use and re-sharpen, suggest you get a Microtech, Case, or any modern tactical. This will be a third of the price.
Of course , l know that :) I'd never use a switchblade knife without a safety . They probably make these models without safeties DELIBERATELY , so that it is just kept for display. But just hypocritically speaking , could these blades hold an edge for long ?